Old 03-29-2014, 02:42 AM   #11

Hi geo m. The control box on my Grey Wolf 28BH is under the hide-a-bed. Not really easily accessible.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:22 AM   #12

I want to thank everyone who responded to my question. We disconnected the motors this morning and we were able to push the slide in, it was not easy, but we were able to move it. We would not have know how to even begin this process if it were not for y'all. Many thanks.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:25 AM   #13

I just found the Slideout control panel on my 6504 vibe.It is located under the carpeted step at the queen bed.Four screws located in carpet on top of step.This has been a great thread!Thank you Biker2!
Old 03-29-2014, 11:35 AM   #14

By the way,would'd it be nice if the operators manuals were not so generic.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:03 PM   #15

Hi nm2322. Can you please provide details on how you disconnected the motors; ie. did you remove the set screws on the outside of the slide out and then how did you get access to the motors on the inside of the trailer with the slide out tight against the rubber molding?
Old 03-30-2014, 10:58 AM   #16

Behind the bottom board that travels out with the slide-out was a "Dual Motor Synchronous Velocity Slide Controller" module. (Part # 13398-C2) We unplugged the motors from the module which allowed us to move the slide-out. It is very hard to move and you had to be careful no move it in evenly. Our controller module was bad, we replaced it and now our slide is working as it should.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:18 AM   #17
10x

Interesting
Old 03-30-2014, 11:19 AM   #18

Last year I lost all DC power in my XLR (from a shorted wire but that's another story). Nothing DC would work regardless of what I did as the DC bus was shorting out. I couldn't get a dealer to send a repairman as I was in the boonies so I had to bring all 3 of my slides in manually.

Only one of my slides was a Schwintek and luckily, it was the smallest bedroom slide. I had to cut the silicone sealant and pull the rubber boot down from the outside on both sides of the slide to expose the set screw. Then I remove both set screws and used a slot screwdriver to gently raise the motor a half inch or so. AT THIS POINT, TRY TO PUT BOTH SET SCREWS BACK IN. You want to hold that motor in place. When done on both sides, the slide could be pushed in easily.

Once the slide was in, use something to wedge it in as it can freely come back out again. I was able to put a block of wood on top of the slide from the inside.

The rest of the story for us: The dealer fixed the short (factory defect), but when he extended the Schwintek, I had not put the set screw back in and the motor on one side slipped off and was destroyed. The dealer replaced that motor and we were back in business!

Good luck!
danno2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 04:04 PM   #19

OK. I'm assuming that the motors are visible from the outside once the rubber boot is removed. However the video shows that you access the motors on the "inside" of the trailer. How complicated can things get?
Old 03-30-2014, 08:45 PM   #20

I believe in order to take the motors out, it has to be done from the inside. With the slide out you couldn't access it anyway due to the molding on the inside. From the outside you can't really see much of the motor...just enough to push them out of the way and reinstall the screw to hold them up. From the inside, the motor supports are much more open. You'd normally only want to get at the motors from inside if you were messing with wiring or replacing them.

Tags
slide, slide out