Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2014, 03:52 PM   #1

Slide alignment

I have a Flagstaff 27RLWS. On our last camping trip I noticed that the wiper seal on the front of the large left slide (one with couch and frig) was not making contact with the slide. There was a 1/4 inch gap between the seal and the slide. Evidently things are out of alignment. Anyone know if this is something I should try to correct myself and where I can get the information on how.
roanmountaincampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 04:19 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb4srn View Post
I have a Flagstaff 27RLWS. On our last camping trip I noticed that the wiper seal on the front of the large left slide (one with couch and frig) was not making contact with the slide. There was a 1/4 inch gap between the seal and the slide. Evidently things are out of alignment. Anyone know if this is something I should try to correct myself and where I can get the information on how.
There are some adjustment nuts on the bottom by the skirt. Your paper work should tell you how to raise it. There is also a You Tube that shows you how to do it. Mine dropped a good 1/2" on the left side and I was able to raise it by turning the 2 nuts, no pun intended....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:28 AM   #3

The problem is at the front of the slide nor the bottom. This is a swintech slide.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:57 AM   #4

Quote:
The problem is at the front of the slide nor the bottom. This is a swintech slide.
didn't know they use that on such a heavy slide. You will some info on you tube on how to adjust it.....Good Luck

Old 07-25-2014, 09:56 AM   #5

I can find nothing on you tube about adjusting this slide. It seems to have shifted to the rear about 3/8 of an inch, or maybe it has just shrunk or the trailer has gotten longer. Dealer says slide adjustment is not covered under warranty so would like to try myself if it is doable. Any one have any ideas? Should I just get and install a wider wiper seal?
Old 07-25-2014, 10:02 AM   #6

Anyone have any idea where the controller for the kitchen slide is? I have in the compartment for the water heater but I assume that's for the wardrobe slide. I can't find the one for the larger slide.
Old 07-26-2014, 03:58 AM   #7

Quote:
I can find nothing on you tube about adjusting this slide. It seems to have shifted to the rear about 3/8 of an inch, or maybe it has just shrunk or the trailer has gotten longer. Dealer says slide adjustment is not covered under warranty so would like to try myself if it is doable. Any one have any ideas? Should I just get and install a wider wiper seal?
They have about 8 video's on the Swintech on how to install and adjust them on You Tube, type in swintech slide adjustment. It made from lippert Com.....By the way, since when are slides not covered under warranty? My sides where covered for 2 years on FR warranty, and are also covered under my extended warranty for the next 5. I can't see how it could shift, but I'm not looking at it. It might have not and you need a wiper. I would watch the videos first.

Tags
alignment, slide