Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2013, 03:27 PM   #1

slide eating coach paint

After taking delivery of our 2013 Encounter 37TZ the end of September, went camping and noticed a moaning noise from the driver side slide when starting to move, going down the road and when stopping. When slide was opened noticed that there was a vertical line where the slide met the coach, front and rear. The dealer had the coach from Mid December to mid March to fix some minor problems and oversights and the paint erosion problem. Well they said the erosion problem was fixed but almost immediately the moaning started and 3 short camping trips later there was the vertical line of no paint again where the slide meets the coach, front and rear. Emailed Forrest River Coachmen wanting to bring it to the factory. Mr Vrydas emailed that I should bring it to the dealer and have them call the factory for assistance. Did that...now they have had it for a month they tell me nothing other than they are working on it, Coachmen does not answer my emails. Come on get serious...one month and you have no details for me? Looks like I will have to file BBB complaints on both the dealer and Coachmen, post on all RV forums and maybe do a Utube campaign, All I want is a line of communication so I know they are seriously working the problem. I've had the coach for ten months and it has been in shop 4 of those. It is as if Coachmen and the dealer have their money and do not care about their customers...maybe they should go bankrupt for good this time?

Tags
slide