Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2019, 10:53 PM   #1

Slide floor replacement 2004 Cherokee 36l

I have approx a 3x3 section of floor on the outside corner of the slide, that is rotten. Water leak. Leak is fixed. Now I’m thinking I need to replace the entire floor. Would that be the better option, or can I somehow just cut out that section of floor? if I do replace the entire floor, one question I have is, under the slide, at the outside edge of the slide, it looks like the floor is attached with lag bolts going through the frame of the slide. Is that correct? If so, is that all that is holding the floor to the frame. Or is there another area that is attached?

Just started reading on this forum, thank you to all have that contributed. I’ve learned a lot, by reading through past posts. Hopefully some of you will have an answer for me.
Erics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 09:47 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. Look on Utube there are many video's showing just what you are dealing with.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 10:47 PM   #3

Thank you. I have searched. However all of them have a different slide mechanism. I will keep looking
Erics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 04:50 PM   #4

I am in the finishing stages of doing the slide out floor on my 07 Cherokee. I had to replace my entire floor. My slide has 2 tracks that run the slide out and that's really all that was holding the slide. Make sure the slide is supported.
7.3Powerstroke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cherokee, floor, replacement, slide