Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2014, 08:48 AM   #1

Slide headed skyward

First outing in a 2015 CC 36CKTS. When breaking camp and bringing the slides in one of them kept heading skyward. Came in about 1/2 way at a crazy angle then stopped. I couldn't get it to go back out. All the slides do a upward movement when they first start moving then level out. This one kept going getting close to the ceiling. On its own it came crashing down level and I was able to bring it in and get home.

I have a service appointment to look at it, but has anyone experienced that? What do you think caused it?
2014 3500 Ram Laramie Mega Cab DRW Cummins 6.7L Diesel

bturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 09:03 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Sounds like it is out of line and needs to be repositioned.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 09:03 AM   #3

Sounds like the seal stuck and didn't let it tip back till it got far enough that the weight took over. Take an old sock fill it with baby powder and give all the seals a rub down with it. I had it do this when I put my large slide in but before it got so far as to do the crash as you said I put it back out a bit then walked in gave a little shove on the outside then went inside and gave a little tug at the top center of the slide and it came down and went the rest of the way without a prob. . When I got home used the baby powder trick and been good ever since.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:02 PM   #4

I think it was the seal stuck too. Brand new and had the slides out for six days camping. After I got it home I ran the slides in and out several times without an issue. Dressed the seals with baby powder.
2014 3500 Ram Laramie Mega Cab DRW Cummins 6.7L Diesel

bturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 12:58 PM   #5

Hoped that was it, I have one slide that is so big it's hard to dress the seals on the outside on the top and it does stick a bit like that a little push and tug part way in usually gets it loose enough to get it in till I get home.

Tags
slide