Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2011, 04:51 PM   #1

Slide in TV Mount

Our new Wolf Pack 19WP has a TV mounting bracket inside and outside like this...

The mating piece is on the back of the TV that was included from the dealer. I am trying to find an extension/swivel arm that will mate with this and am not having any luck. I looked on the manufacturer web site for the bracket (PAWInternational.com) and can't even find the mounting bracket.

Does any else have this type of bracket? Have you been able to find an arms that will mate with it?

Thanks!

2022 Georgetown GT5 31L5
2013 Ford Edge Limited

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:22 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
Our new Wolf Pack 19WP has a TV mounting bracket inside and outside like this...

The mating piece is on the back of the TV that was included from the dealer. I am trying to find an extension/swivel arm that will mate with this and am not having any luck. I looked on the manufacturer web site for the bracket (PAWInternational.com) and can't even find the mounting bracket.

Does any else have this type of bracket? Have you been able to find an arms that will mate with it?

Thanks!

This looks exactly like the mounts I have in my new Prime Time Lacrosse (which is a division of Forest River). I have one in the bedroom, one on the outside of the TT and one on my swing arm mount in the living area. I had trouble finding the half I needed to install on the back of my second LCD TV for the bedroom. I could only find it direct from my trailer manufacturer.

Use the contact link at www.primetimerv.com and leave Brandon a message about what you are looking for. I know they have swing arm mounts because one came with my new TT.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:35 AM   #3

Thanks! I wonder if Brandon will be confused by a non-Prime Time owner calling him? Maybe someone at Cherokee has access to the same mounts?

2022 Georgetown GT5 31L5
2013 Ford Edge Limited

Old 03-28-2011, 10:19 AM   #4

Quote:
Thanks! I wonder if Brandon will be confused by a non-Prime Time owner calling him? Maybe someone at Cherokee has access to the same mounts?
Since Cherokee is a Forest River product and Prime Time is a separate division of Forest River, I think that's why they use the same mounts (same supplier).

Brandon's pretty sharp. I'm sure he will listen and either send you what you need (for a price of course) or point you in the right direction. I had no luck trying to find the TV side only mount I needed for my second TV anywhere (including the internet). Just make sure you are ready to tell him what size mount you need for the TV side. All the television manufacturers use what they call a "VESA" standard mounting pattern on the back of their TV's. You'll have to measure yours and let him (or whoever you find) know what size you need for the TV side. And, it's in milimeters in a square or rectangular pattern (ie;100mm X100mm, 200mm X 100mm etc.).

Good luck !!
Old 04-19-2011, 10:44 AM   #5

Did anyone find a place to buy these? I just emailed my dealer to see if they have them. I might have a TV for the outside and will need the bracket for the TV only.
2 Beagles (Snoopy & Dexter)

Big Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:52 PM   #6

I haven't pursued the suggestion to call Brandon at Prime Time. I hope to have time to do that next week.

2022 Georgetown GT5 31L5
2013 Ford Edge Limited

Old 04-20-2011, 09:05 AM   #7

I decided to contact PAW International and received the following reply this morning...

Quote:
Thank you for your inquiry. We developed and supply the TV bracket to Forest River.
The bracket was not designed to support an extension arm and I would not recommend attempting to add one. The equation is force times distance and installing say a one foot arm between the bracket and TV could easily overload the bracket causing it to fail and damage your TV. There are several metal brackets on the market that are designed for your purpose. I would highly recommend using one of these and save yourself from possible damage to your TV.
Considering that the external mount (shown in the picture above) is cut into the outside of the trailer, this isn't good news. Also, i find it interesting that FR would choose a mount like this if it isn't designed for anything but the TV mounted directly to it. Almost every picture I see of the interior of an RV has the TV on a swivel arm of some sort.

I guess I'll look into a different mount for the inside and just not use the TV outside since I doubt I can replace the outside one without damaging the exterior of the trailer.

2022 Georgetown GT5 31L5
2013 Ford Edge Limited

Old 04-20-2011, 09:37 AM   #8

If you can tolerate not have a swing arm outside, you could buy a swing mount for inside and attach that dovetail mount to the part the TV end of the mount. You might need to drill new holes in the dovetail mount. This way you can still move the TV. You will only need to make sure there is good solid structure where the inside mount is currently located. I am assuming we are not talking about a 42 inch or bigger TV.

This site has a good selection and good prices.

Wall Mount Brackets

2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 Duramax Crewcab
Jeep Commander - sold
Flagstaff V-Lite WRB26
kz08h5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:47 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz08h5 View Post
If you can tolerate not have a swing arm outside, you could buy a swing mount for inside and attach that dovetail mount to the part the TV end of the mount. You might need to drill new holes in the dovetail mount. This way you can still move the TV. You will only need to make sure there is good solid structure where the inside mount is currently located. I am assuming we are not talking about a 42 inch or bigger TV.

This site has a good selection and good prices.

Wall Mount Brackets
Thanks... I thought about that and will probably go that route. I'm not sure how to determine the structure where the current mount is located. Is it safe t assume that the manufacturer would have reenforced that area? Or am I dreaming?

I guess that also assumes that the existing mount has a hole pattern that matches one of the VESA standard patterns on the arm.

2022 Georgetown GT5 31L5
2013 Ford Edge Limited

Old 04-20-2011, 05:45 PM   #10

I'll be picking up my TT from storage tomorrow so I can de-winterize it. I will take pics of the mounts on the rear of the TV and the swing arm mount inside and post them for you. I hope this will help you see the total design of the mounting system as the TT came from Prime Time Manufacturing.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:20 PM   #11

Don't know why we can't get these from Prime Time, they can't cost that much..
2011: 365
2012: 365
tbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:41 PM   #12

I have a email into my dealer for one. I will let you know what they tell me...

Old 04-20-2011, 09:20 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
I'll be picking up my TT from storage tomorrow so I can de-winterize it. I will take pics of the mounts on the rear of the TV and the swing arm mount inside and post them for you. I hope this will help you see the total design of the mounting system as the TT came from Prime Time Manufacturing.
That would be great!

Thanks!

2022 Georgetown GT5 31L5
2013 Ford Edge Limited

Old 04-21-2011, 10:12 PM   #14

This is what came with my Lacrosse 303 RKS. The wall behing the mount is VERY solid. There is no "give" in the wall what so ever so, if your thinking of getting this or any kind of mount, swivel or not, then you may have to take the wall apart and do a little reinforcing. By the way, both of my TV's are 26"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02272.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	5401   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02275.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	5402   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02273.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	5403   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02274.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	5404  
Old 04-22-2011, 12:15 AM   #15

Thanks!

Does it say who made it?

2022 Georgetown GT5 31L5
2013 Ford Edge Limited

Old 04-22-2011, 07:56 AM   #16

My dealer emailed me back today, they are only sold in sets, and they are $42. I cant believe they are that high for two pieces of plastic. I am going to do some more research.

Old 04-22-2011, 09:43 AM   #17

I have the same mount for my 25RB (without swing arm), I attach a 19 inch to it. Would anyone know if a 26 inch would be to heavy for inside & outside? Thanks
Bandit7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:38 PM   #18

Quote:
Thanks!

Does it say who made it?

No. Just stamped and welded steel brackets. unlike the ones pictured above there is no manufacturer stamped on them either. RVGuy told me they have a local (to them) supplier make them for Prime Time Manufacturing. So, now, I'm not sure the measurements of mine and those pictured above are the same. Good luck in your search.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:30 PM   #19

Anyone find solution?

Hi, we have the same issue with our 18in sharp tv. There is no way that bracket will work when the cords and design of the tv etc. Tv needs room in the back for all that. We of course see that there are other options in rv tv mounts. Then there the issue that was brought up of holes to fill from the existing one and then what do u do with the point less mount outside? I also went to PAW Internationals website with no luck. Is there even a matching swivel bracket that can be replaced or we out of luck and just make new holes?
Wemhoff_Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:54 AM   #20

Just put the mount from the inside wall onto the swivel mount portion and then your tv will be able to be moved from one inside spot to the outside spot no problem. If you have a LED tv (much less weight than LCD) it will be even better and less watts, etc. I have done this, 32 in LED in the entertain cabinet, removed that wall mount, put it in the bedroom. Now I can use the 19" either in the bedroom (with the swivel mount and original wall mount on it) or move the tv to the outside position to watch movie whatever while BBQing. I will post pics after I get back from CAMPING!
Master Blaster of the Navy
BigTJohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tv mount