Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-25-2012, 02:29 PM   #1

Slide Info

New to the forum - but we purchased a used 2005 Sierra FS28RT 5th wheel. Had it for a year or so and love it - but, getting ready for another trip and want to know what to do if the slide (single side) doesn't work. The manual is pretty generic on slides - and doesn't really tell where the motor/fluid reservoir is, etc. - and I haven't been able to find it. Do I need to take off the underside cover to discover it or is it under some other panel?

Any help would be appreciated. It's working fine now - but if it decides to quit, I'm trying to be pro-active and know what/where to look for issues.

Thanks.
Grubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:13 PM   #2

It is probably in the forward storage area, and likely behind another panel. I would look for signs of a removeable panel (screws etc.) sliding or hinge door.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #3

Been there - looked through all the hatches, etc. - nothing there. I'm not even sure if it's hydraulic or electric and I suspect it's inside the covering between the main suipport beams (uinderneath). One of these days I'll be forced to remove the plastic cover there and see if I can find it. ;-)
Old 11-25-2012, 06:10 PM   #4

ok this is a long shot, try under the bed, our fiver has the hyd actuators for our bedroom slide there! as for hyd or electric thats pretty easy, extend the slide, look underneath the slide do you see a hydraulic actuator or a least the piston (a shiny rod) if you do its hydraulic.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:10 AM   #5

No "shiny" rod - and I've dealt with hyd before, so I'm guessing it's electric. And, it's the living room and I do see a wire dropping out under where the switch is and it goes into the enclosed space between the main support beams underneath. I'll have to open that up one of these days to see it. What I don't see is any rod/control to manually open/close the slide. Thanks