Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2015, 11:32 PM   #1

Slide is stuck on top Please help thinking off track

Decided to get our 2014 Puma 32DBKS ready for camping, my husband pushed the button to pull the kitchen slide out and noticed a noise so went inside, and one of the cupboard doors had opened and was jammed in the slide, the cupboard door got pushed between the cupboard and wall (long story short we need a new door on that cupboard) but we also noticed now the slide is not opening all the way on that side (its not flush) so he went to push the slide back in and the top does not go in all the way across. We're guessing it went off track? the bottom seems to go in though. any idea's? Of course we live in a little country town so need to haul it to get it fixed even but was hoping there was some way we could put it back on track ourselves? is that possible?

Husband said "I bet this won't be covered under the warranty" LOL UGH probably not!

Would take any advice we can get...........and we were all excited to get ready to go camping for the summer

Cathy & Todd Sorenson
tcsorenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 04:36 AM   #2

I just spent an entire day adjusting a slide the factory was supposed to have fixed. These devices have many adjustments. In, out, up & down on both left and right. Not sure what mechanism you have but it sounds like the gears on the slave side may have slipped. Easy fix by removing the bolt that engages the shaft from the drive side, push in or out as required and reinstall bolt. Finer adjustment can be made using the brackets underneath the slide room.

"DON'T FORCE IT - GET A BIGGER HAMMER'
"Paul & Laurie"
2013 Columbus 340 RK
2013 F350 Dually 6.7 Diesel
Paul M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 05:02 AM   #3

In regards to the Door I have been in the Same Boat! Didn't have to replace the Door but I did replace (All) the hinges with (Self Closing Hinges)! HD/Lowes have Exact replacement Self closing hinges that Match! The replacements are more HD than the Factory ones! Travel will throw a Curve ball at times,the Door was one! Yes it also sounds like you (Slipped a Gear Tooth) adjust and (Camp On)! Youroo!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4490.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	383.9 KB
ID:	74561   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4492.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	380.2 KB
ID:	74562  
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:24 AM   #4

Thank you, my husband and I are going to go out and see if we can figure this out, not sure where that bolt would be located...........he just talked to the RV Dealer we bought from and they said the top is not on a track just the bottom, so it has to be the bottom left side (where it jammed on the cupboard door) so hopefully we can figure this out, then once we get the slide back up and running we will have to order a new door (figure this will be the easiest part) and thinking about all new latches! I noticed last year every now and then one of the drawers would be open, none of them really held shut tight. Love our new camper except for little things like this and the refrigerator staying cold was our big issue last year
Old 04-18-2015, 04:01 PM   #5

Had same issue .......needed a new door!!!!!!.....We now put heavy elastic bands around the handles to keep them closed.......J
Jim in Halifax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 04:18 PM   #6
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcsorenson View Post
...Love our new camper except for little things like this and the refrigerator staying cold was our big issue last year
Have your DH put a pair of computer fans on the outside back of the frig blowing up. Position them just above the burner and put them on a switch. Also add a couple in the inside on the fins. Dometic Refrigerator Fan to Increase Cooling Inside Deluxe Custom Built | eBay
Old 04-18-2015, 04:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcsorenson View Post
Love our new camper except for little things like this and the refrigerator staying cold was our big issue last year
Something that can make a difference is the drain hose, believe it or not. A dry drain hose set up wrong could raise the temperture several degrees. It is supposed to exit the top of the access panel outside and have what amount to a "P" trap that holds water that stops hot air from coming through the drain pan vent hole. I didn't know better, so I ran it out the bottom, which was better than the dealer left it inside; but wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=2olgFfBEAuo

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 07:31 PM   #8

Just wanted to say Thanks to everyone with help on the slide, we actually got it working fine, by having my husband pull on the top side that wasnt coming in and all the sudden it finished coming in the correct way we have open closed it a couple times to make sure and its working fine, only thing we do notice is on the side that the cupboard door got jammed the slide isnt flush to the wall, on the inside, but on the outside of camper it looks to all be flush and seals seem tight. Now to get a cupboard door ordered and that replaced! Lesson learned always make sure everything is out of the way before opening any slides! and we have 3 of them! Thanks for idea's on the refrigerator, going to look at seeing if we can get a couple computer fan's and check out that dry drain hose as well......Thanks again

Tags
slide