Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2013, 06:35 PM   #1

Slide Issue

My sofa slide on my 2011 Berkshire is stuck in the out position. Tried the procedure in the manual, but no joy. Called Coach-net & spoke to the online tech who had me go thru the procedure again, again no joy. Had a tech working on ht problem from 0930 until ten minutes ago, still no joy.

It seems to me that the slide is mechanically jammed (in my other life I was an equipment mechanic & electronics technician for a total of 42 years).

Anyone ever had this problem? If so, what was the fix?
ceedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:09 PM   #2

is the battery fully charged? It only runs on the battery.
David 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:27 PM   #3

mine did that found that bolts were shear off in the rods that run it in and out put new ones in now fine if not that should be able to crank it in by hand with crank handle just put it on motor and try crank in may move after it goes in a bit
jkklops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:00 PM   #4

Batteries are charged & tried the manual retract procedure.

Checked for obstructions/missing hardware.

The slide is hydraulic. The drive piston looks like it's trying to move the slide but fails to do so.

Thanks for the get back.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:40 PM   #5
Steve & Phyllis

I have nightmares about this happening to me and needing to leave campground. Please be sure to post what you find. Best of luck.
SteveBingham52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:50 PM   #6

Is there a valve that needs to be opened so the hyd fluid can drain out of the ram?
Old 10-01-2013, 05:40 AM   #7

can you try and have somone push in on it as you hold the button to retract it maybe its stuck? and needs a little help
firedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:59 AM   #8

The valve issue is covered in the manual retract procedure.

Spoke to the factory rep for the hydraulic system (Equalizer) who suggested bypassing the anti-creep valve on the piston. The hose fittings threads don't match up with the threads on the piston. Apparently it's a special thread.

Swapped the anti-creep valve on the sofa slide piston with the anti-creep valve on the kitchen slide piston, no joy.

Jacked the sofa slide up about 3/4" to clear the ramp (the slide drops down when extended) and attempted to retract slide, no joy. The slide moved a little but wouldn't retract.

Tried to push slide with four strong backs (& an equal number of weak minds), no joy.

Contemplating hooking a come along onto slide.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:06 PM   #9

Slide Issue

After talking with a 2nd Tech from Equalizer systems & describing everything that had happened, he said it was the slide piston that was defective.

Ordered one, wrong one arrived.

Reordered piston & the correct one came in today.

Installed piston & 'voila, problem solved.

I would have added this to my previous post but it got moved & I couldn't located it.

Tags
slide