Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2015, 01:16 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwood8124SS View Post
Jim thanks for your reply.
I closed the slide and looked where to put the locks on the slide as you describe. The pad at the end of the slide bar/lock is 3x2 inches whereas the lip on the slide wall is just an inch tall. To complicate further all that space is taken by the seal which would be crushed in order to secure the slide as mentioned. Does not look right...
There should be a rubber pad on both ends of the slide lock. I just brought my slide in a couple inches and measured the space from on top of the trim to the top of the slide and it is about 2 inches. When you tighten the slide lock it will compress the seal but it shouldn't damage at any. When you put the slide all the way out you are compressing the seal and not harming it in any way so the lock shouldn't either. When you put the slide lock bar in place it should be about 3 inches are crossed and about 2 inches high. When tightened this will pull the outside seal up tight against the trailer so that he can't leak any can't move out.

I hope this helps.

Jim
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 01:29 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneeagle View Post
I have a new Flagstaff Micro Lite FRBS and on walk thru, they pointed out the slide lock but said it wasn't really necessary. I haven't use yet. Any opposing opinions on that comment?
You are not the first person that has been told that by the salesman on the walk-through. He could care less, after all it's not his trailer. I look at it this way. When I put them in place, which takes about a minute or two, I know it has pulled that seal up tight up against the trailer and the slide can't move.

Think about it, you're going down the road hitting potholes and rough sections of the road and everything is rocking back and forth and up and down. Now you get in a rainstorm and while all this is happening water gets in the trailer because the seal gets a little loose. That can happen if the lock is in place holding everything tight, can it? Do you want to take the chance because you're being too lazy to take two minutes to put the locks in place? The manufacture didn't spend the money on these locks because they're pretty.

It's your choice. No one can tell you what to do but I figured the manufacture spent the money and time to supply them there must be a reason.

Jim
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 02:56 PM   #23
Site Team

We don't use them on short trips but do on long trips especially if it involves driving through curvy roads.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, travel, lock