Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2016, 11:06 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

All 3 of my main compartment slides were out of alignment and tore the slide seals up. They even ripped the seals on the slide side Windows up. The dealership couldn't get it fixed. Two factory trips later. They were finally correct. My kitchen slide also pinched the fridge propw line causing a hole in the line and a dent in the metal side skirt of the trailer. I highly recommend a factory fix
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dxfiuf.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	100196   Click image for larger version

Name:	w80vuv.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	100197   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0072.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	284.4 KB
ID:	100198   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0146.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	100199   Click image for larger version

Name:	35bfmyo.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	252.7 KB
ID:	100200  

asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 12:16 AM   #22

ours went backto the factory for that and a few other item.Why should I,71 yrs old ans with 8 cages inm ny bak and neck have to adjust snything like tht?
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 12:51 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOODMAN View Post
Quick related question.
With some slides, if I hold in the button as it comes to the end of inward travel, some of my slides have a sound like gears clanging. It sounds like a smaller gear is jumping up and down on the rail gears.
But it was advised here to hold in the button after it retracts for a few seconds. Wouldn't that damage the gears? I don't know where this sound is coming from, but I have heard it on a number of RVs, not just mine.
Now, some of the slides (I have 4) on mine work silently, and when they come to the end of their travel, they just stop moving and that's it - no noise. But some do make that sound.
Any comments?
I have a Rockwood 2702WS with 2 slides. One is silent (small one) and the main slide when you bring it in does exactly as you describe since it was brand new. Slide works, just clanks when it gets to the closed position. I have no idea why.
dmdomokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 09:18 AM   #24

Just got the TT back from the dealer. They moved the top corner on the frame out for a little more clearance. It still is not square as far as I can see and there is new chewed gasket material in the tracks again. It does open though, slight bog in a couple spots along the way out. We'll just have to keep an eye on it.
Old 04-08-2016, 11:25 AM   #25

The factory called us and have the slide issue under control.It seems that the fwd bottom rail on the slide box was bent,causeing it to "wiggle" as it got to the full close position.They said it looked like it may have been tagged by a fork truck while being moved around.
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide