Old 08-22-2013, 04:35 PM   #1

Slide not working well

Anyone have problems with the slide not going in or out? I have a 2010 Salem Hemisphere 5ver, 28 foot and last time we camped I had to get a mobile RV repair guy to come "fix" it. First of all, I'm surprised taht the motor is under the belly skin. Secondly, there is no way to manually crank it in or out. There should be a hole in the frame leading to the motor. Any help would be helpful.

Bill

Old 08-22-2013, 09:34 PM   #2

May sound silly...but when ours stopped going in and out we found that our battery was dead. Plugged in, of course it worked fine. Really happy to have our friend with a generator camping with us on checkout day

Old 08-22-2013, 09:41 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Did you look on the opposite side of the slide for an access hole? I know a friend who has a manual crank access hole on the front side of his camper for a back side slide. What did the rv guy do to "fix" it? May help us pinpoint the problem.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:05 PM   #4

If you post your specific model number, someone might be able to help you with where the manual slide crank is located at. It might also be that you have a Schwintek slide mechanism which is has a different process for moving in an out manually.
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:48 AM   #5

Well it's in the shop right now, so I don't the specific model number, but I did look on the opposite side for a hole in the frame to get to the crank. Nothing there.

The fix was done by first finding the slide motor then by cranking with a socket to loosen a little. After that the slide would go in & out but it would make the whole trailer kind of jump as it was going in or out.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:03 PM   #6

So, found out from the repair person that it is the ball bearings that are bad. It needs a whole new system. Hope easy care takes care of it...Bill

Tags
slide