Old 02-18-2014, 04:39 AM   #31
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
CRAP! I just had a HUGE reply to you and got Error 503 when I hit "post".

Here goes again;

You had me scratching my head with "right side" recliner until you said you turn yours front to front...makes sense. We've been turning ours back to back. I've got the perfect cushion...a small travel pillow that I use to prop up my iPad while reading in bed at here at home and one in the RV. I use my iPad for downloading books from Amazon. HUNDREDS of books on that thing.

Are you sure your slider doesn't need adjustment? Our slides move better than any of the 3 on the V-Lite. If the one side is slack maybe that can be adjusted?

OK, other hints....

Stopping the bedroom door from bumping up against the door stop with every nano movement LOUDLY. I put the fuzzy side of a Velcro dot on the white plastic cap of the spring/door stop, and DH held another fuzzy side on top of it, sticky side out, while I pushed the door up against it....perfect alignment and totally silent now. Don't you laugh! but before that fix I had wrapped a piece of tissue around the white cap and secured it with a rubber band...hey, it worked! But it was buttugly! These Velcro dots are virtually invisible.

For keys, jackets, etc. I bought four of the large sized nickel Command hooks. I left it DH to hang them and he came up with an awesome idea! He placed them above the handrail for the the same angle, following the same line of the rail. They look NICE like that! Especially with the brushed nickel of the bedroom door just above the hooks. Much better than just placing the hooks in a row across that wall.

..trying to recall all I typed;

Ah yes...towel rack for the bathroom....didn't want to install the bar that came with the 5er, so I found a over-the-lower-kitchen-cabinet-door towel rack that is just "thin" enough to fit over the shower enclosure wall. Again...brushed nickel.

You may have read my "fix" regarding the laundry chute. DH's hobby is wood working and he saves various and sundry pieces of exotic wood and some not so exotic. I rummaged around and found a 1" thick cabinet door...same color...and instead of having handle hardware on it there was a routed inset you place your fingers in to open it...still had the hinges on it all he had to do was cut it down to size and re align the stabilizing wooden "rails" that were screwed to the back of it. With no handle hardware you can store tank chemicals, etc. on what is now a "shelf" if you don't want to use the chute. I'm *very* pleased with how that turned out and DH was impressed that I came up with the idea and there was finally a good use for something he "knew would come in handy some day".

Check the thread: "what did you do to your trailer today" to see the vinyl wall quote I put on the wall above the stove today.

OK, it's official

But, but, ....but you asked for it!

Now doing a copy and paste before hitting post *this* time....grrrrrrr.

P.S. DH says your last name would be pronounced "jer check". Is he correct? He's 3rd generation Lithuanian/Polish immigrant.
He's correct in Polish. Really Yur check but english it's jur zick best I can describe it.

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote