Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2013, 12:38 PM   #1

Unhappy slide out adjustment

how hard is it to adjust on of the electric slides on a 305 v cross. It was adjusted at the factory last year for one side sticking out further than the other side. We are getting ready to use it in May and I noticed a large gap down in the lower corner of the one side. When slide is closed all looks even, when open you can see the seal on one side collapsed and boogered up. I hope the seal is not ruined. Don't have time to take it to a dealership for repair unless I have no alternative. Is this a recurring problem with these slides? Any assisstance would be appreciated.
Mikeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:11 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Here's a link to the owners manual from the Lippert Components site which also covers adjustments... http://lci1.com/images/Flyers/Owners...ideout-web.pdf

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeb View Post
how hard is it to adjust on of the electric slides on a 305 v cross. It was adjusted at the factory last year for one side sticking out further than the other side. We are getting ready to use it in May and I noticed a large gap down in the lower corner of the one side. When slide is closed all looks even, when open you can see the seal on one side collapsed and boogered up. I hope the seal is not ruined. Don't have time to take it to a dealership for repair unless I have no alternative. Is this a recurring problem with these slides? Any assisstance would be appreciated.
Hope it turns out better than ours did. Youroo!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	070.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	28808   Click image for larger version

Name:	072.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	28809   Click image for larger version

Name:	067.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	28810  
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Monica View Post
Here's a link to the owners manual from the Lippert Components site which also covers adjustments... http://lci1.com/images/Flyers/Owners...ideout-web.pdf

Dave
once again I need your assistance on my slide out. After reading the instruction several times, I attempted to try adjusting the s/o on saturday. As I expected when I extended the s/o the seal in the rear has a tear of about 3" on the bottom and also the the seal housing is twisted and torn from the wall. This was like this before I even started. After loosening four nuts I did manage to shift it slightly to try to even it out. After working on it for several hours I cannot get this to line up correctly. It seems like the frame box may be twisted, because one side the verticle screw is almost bottom out. This is not right because when you look at the decals on one side it is even, however the other side is about 1" off, but if I try to put in any other position it binds. I cannot do anything more to make this work, so my question is this, is this something that needs to go back to the factory, or is this something that can be handled through a local dealer. Any help will be appreciated. mike
Old 04-29-2013, 07:28 PM   #5

Hi Mikeb,
I was able to get my slide a little better aligned but not perfect. My seal was smashed in the rear but did not touch on the front. (2011 coachman)
It sounds like you have the adjustment procedure down but what is binding on you? The gears, seals, box to wall? Do you happen to have pics of what you described?
crunchman

My slide adustment
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Hope it turns out better than ours did. Youroo!!
Yikes!
What happened to your slide. I would call that an "8" on the skill level since they brought out the sawzall.
crunchman
Old 04-29-2013, 07:38 PM   #7

hello crunchman, when I say binds I am talking about box to wall. No I do not have any pics right now. Can have some tomorrow.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:55 PM   #8

Quote:
hello crunchman, when I say binds I am talking about box to wall. No I do not have any pics right now. Can have some tomorrow.
My slide box hole in the wall on the trailer would appear to be out of square too or the slide box is off. I never measured either but it did not really mater, I just needed to get the box off the wall. I had never adjusted a slide before and did not want to push it too far and break it. I was able to get mine off the wall. (although it is NOT square.)
Hopefully if you can take 4 pics, 1 pic of seal on box and same side adjustment screws, same for other side.
I am sure someone will point you in the right direction.
Being a brand new unit, I would NOT mention that you adjusted anything if you take it in for service work. Might void warranty?
crunchman
Old 04-29-2013, 08:33 PM   #9

Quote:
Did you buy the F/R 2nd year Warr? Did Couches service dept. look at & adjust the slide? They normally take Pics.and send to Fac.(Before) working on a Warr. issue? Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:31 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
when I say binds I am talking about box to wall. No I do not have any pics right now. Can have some tomorrow.
Mike, are you trying to center the slide out in the opening...side to side or top to bottom? The photos would certainly be a big help.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote