Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2020, 11:48 AM   #1

slide out binding

Where is the slide out motor on a 32ft puma living room. Will not slide out. Lights dim when button is pushed. Also legs will not drop or raise
,no power. How do I realise the motor to the legs. Both fuses on tongue are good, new (2)day old batteries and plugged into AC.
dbhighlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 12:43 PM   #2
Site Team

You need to post the year and model number of Puma. Just saying it's 32ft isn't enough information. Slide motor location varies by floorplan.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 01:04 PM   #3

sounds like your batteries are low/dead... otherwise the lights shouldn't 'dim'....
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 10:56 AM   #4

Slide will not extend.

Sorry. I have a PUMA 32ft, RKTS ,2017. I INSTALLED 2 new 1,000 amp batteries connected the power LINE and the truck.

The outside outlet has no power ,the outlet under the cabinet and the one by the stove have no power. Everything else works and is hot. The living room Will not slide out and when the switch is pressed the lights dim. I need to find the slid motor so I can release it and crank the room out. ALSO the support legs have no power.
HELP. The power CONVERTER and inverter are brand new. I was hit with a power surge and had to replace both. Both fuses on the tongue are good.
Old 01-11-2020, 02:22 PM   #5
Site Team

Here is floorplan pic and specs for OP's TT:

https://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/2017-...32rkts-tr31210

OP, that's why I asked for model number, because your TT is actually almost 37ft long. The number in the model number almost never means actual length.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 03:27 PM   #6

slide out stuck

I checked the floor plan but did not see anything showing the location of the slid out motor. I also need help on how to manual extend the slide.
Also any suggestions on the ELECTRIC problem.
Old 01-11-2020, 03:39 PM   #7

JUst a WAG

But it sounds like possibly a connection wasn't tight and came loose when the convertor and inverter were replaced.

At least, if it worked before you left on your trip, bounced down the road a few miles and now some things don't work there's a good chance that a loose connection is the issue.

But like I said - just a WAG.

PB&J
PatrickY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 05:33 PM   #8
Site Team

The specifications say that you have "Electric rack and pinion slide mechanisms". That sounds like it's probably the thru-frame slide. If that's the case then the motor will be under the RV between the frame rails.

However, I agree that it sounds like a low voltage situation. It could be caused by a loose connection causing a high amp draw.
Old 01-21-2020, 11:31 AM   #9

Angry Slide will not extend.

Spence no one can help me here ,can anyone advise what web site might be able to help .
Old 01-21-2020, 11:56 AM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhighlander View Post
Spence no one can help me here ,can anyone advise what web site might be able to help .
I'm not sure who Spence is... but people have tried to help. They have made suggestions about your electrical problem. Have you used a meter to test the charge level of your battery(ies)? Have you done a search for "Electric rack and pinion slide mechanisms"?

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 12:13 PM   #11

DB just an idea but I had the same issue on a XLR hyper lite I had a couple years ago. After spending half a day trying to troubleshoot with no success I decided to replace the fuse on the tongue ( even though it tested good). When I went to disconnect the wire from the fuse it was not very tight. After removal the lug on the wire had been installed at the factory in a bind and was deformed. Straightened out the lug, cleaned up and reinstalled and tightened securely and issue went away. Everything had worked prior to this day for over a year and had even worked the day before but not that day. Trailer had not been towed or moved since it worked last, the only thing that had changed was I had hitched up the truck the evening before to go on a trip. Just a suggestion to check all connections. Good Luck and let us know the outcome.
1000 sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 04:51 PM   #12

1000Sportsmen Thanks I Will try again. If it doesn't work this time I give up. At least the bedroom slide works. I had to get under it and remove the main bolts holding the legs so I could strap them up. I found the hole and shaft to roll the living room out. Now I am waiting for a warm day . It's hard for an old Disabled ARMY VET to get up and down off the ground
.DAVID RIGGS ARMY SFC RETIRED.

Tags
slide, slide out