Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2018, 08:44 AM   #1

Slide Out Bottom Gouged By Slide Rollers

Hello-
I have a Leprechaun 317SA. It is a 2015. The main slideout has an area underneath where the roller appears to have gouged out an area where the slide rolls over the right far roller as you face the slide out from the outside.
Part of the problem may have been because I did not lubricate the rollers on a regular basis and I started hearing a very odd noise.
The gouged area is about 1 1/2 inches long and not real deep but with each use of the slide it seems to be getting slightly worse. No success yet determining the exact cause but after using SPF 2000 spray lubricant very liberally all over the rollers and slide seals the slide is quiet.
Anyone have any suggestions on material that could be used to fill in the little gouged area or can think aluminum plated be placed on the underneath of the slide so the rollers are not actually contacting the slide but rolling on the plates? My concern on doing this would be the possibility of this material contacting the floor and damaging the floor. I don’t know what clearance exist when the slide goes in.
Thanks!
loy.pilot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 08:34 PM   #2

Guardian Plates from TALIN RV.
I ordered & installed a set on my slide (Georgetown Class A).
Fixed the issue & the slide runs faster & smoother.

GrumpyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out