Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2015, 07:53 AM   #1

Slide Out Damaged Floor

Hello

Found this damage to the flooring in our brand new Grey Wolf. Seems very little clearance between the floor and the slide on this end. Any help !!!

Jim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	111_0396.jpg
Views:	578
Size:	354.4 KB
ID:	69925   Click image for larger version

Name:	111_0398.jpg
Views:	459
Size:	210.3 KB
ID:	69926  
Rideandslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 08:29 AM   #2

Fortunately it's new! Warranty replacement of the flooring in order, no question! The slide-out may have taken a set or otherwise come out of alignment since it left the factory. It can be adjusted to clear provides something else isn't amiss.

Good luck and I hope you get a speedy repair!
geotex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 08:29 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rideandslide View Post
Hello

Found this damage to the flooring in our brand new Grey Wolf. Seems very little clearance between the floor and the slide on this end. Any help !!!

Jim
First sorry about that floor. If it is a lippert mechanical slide there are adjustments to raise it up. With your slide 1/2 out check to see the clearance at the top then you can tell how much to raise it. If you need the directions I have them for that slide. It.s a total of 3 bolts at each end to do it. Let me know and I'll post the directions and picture. When it comes in you should have about a half to 3/4" above the floor. You might also want to take it to the dealer so they can also repair the floor and let them raise it in that corner.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 07:42 PM   #4

We bought it at a Camping World in South Carolina, but will be using the one in Pooler Ga.or Jacksonville Fl. much closer. Any opinions on either ????
Old 02-21-2015, 12:39 PM   #5

Had carpet replaced on in 2304s. After installation found slide was picking up bits of carpet on way out. Checked bottom of slide floor and found several staples or small nails sticking out which were catching on carpet. Got long flat course file and filed metal protusions down. No problem.
flugelboneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 01:05 PM   #6

On our my first Rockwood8315BSS, our bedroom slide caught on the floor heat register. The dealer made an adjustment and had no further problems with it.

I would not recommend you trying to fix it yourself, since it's under warranty, as geotex1 said, take it to the dealer and let them repair the floor and adjust the slideout.
tomrob1161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 01:16 PM   #7

Happened to me on my '13 Sabre Tbok. My dealer and Palomino did NOTHING to resolve this except offer to take it back to factory,cut out flooring,replace, and then use molding around the entire perimeter to keep the floor from curling. Mine was a result of the slide bearing as I call it being overtorqued duringthe build and cracking the bolt holes, both in the main room and bunkhouse. So on that note, thanks for nothing Campers Inn in Kingston New Hampshire AND Palomino. Never again will I buy overpriced crap. It's all about profit. Oh, and Campers Inn couldn't even keep their side of the story straight. The owner Jeff Hirsch has a video on youtube about customer satisfaction and to contact him directly. I did...and my floor is still ruined. At least I only have 13 years of payments left.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	333.2 KB
ID:	70004  
Nastyfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 01:21 PM   #8
Kanadian Kamper

It's new and under warranty.........don't make this a home repair!!!!!!!!

With respect to Pooler GA. Camping World........

Back in October, we were on our way home in our motorhome, and we were experiencing significant concerns with our hydraulic system controlling our lift jacks and slides. I had secured things enough to make us mobile but we were on a relatively tight schedule to get home. We contacted Pooler CW by phone, outlined were were about 4 hours away Northbound from Florida, and would like to at least have someone in their service department have a look at things to make sure we were safe to continue, even if they couldn't repair the issue. We gave them an ETA of 11am when we'd be there, and arrived exactly as described. I unhooked the "toad" as my wife went inside to announce our arrival and relay our phone conversation as such, and we were basically told........

"take a seat and we'll see if and when we can have a look....maybe by 4 pm"

Good Sam membership and all didn't help. "Maybe being serviced" was not an option I could live with, so I hooked the "toad" back up, and we continued back home, arriving safely 3 days later.

Just make sure who you talk with for your service needs. Just sayin'.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 05:57 PM   #9

Factory adjusted our slide. Works well. Now the slide topper wrinkles when the slide is retracted. One fix creates another problem. I am living with the wrinkles in lieu of drilling new mounting holes for the topper.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:15 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickiedooFlagman View Post
Factory adjusted our slide. Works well. Now the slide topper wrinkles when the slide is retracted. One fix creates another problem. I am living with the wrinkles in lieu of drilling new mounting holes for the topper.
Yeah, unfortunately that will happen. The track in which the topper fabric slides into that's mounted to the sidewall has to be absolutely parallel to the top of the slide-out. If it's not, the tension isn't uniform across the fabric and you're left with wrinkles. If they brought it up only about 1/8", you might be able to remove the topper's track, elongate the holes vertically, and have enough to get it parallel again without needing to drill new holes into the sidewall. The really should just make adjustable track. I have to fabricate one when I have time.
geotex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 07:24 PM   #11

Well, still have not decided who to take it to. no matter, we have a trip this weekend with our daughter and son in law, and there camper,so it going as is for now. I want to see what i can do to stop any further damage,it seems likeit may just be the end cap moulding mounted to low, but at the same time, don't want to risk any warranty problems. Guess, i will take a lot of pictures.

Jim
Old 02-21-2015, 07:48 PM   #12

Quote:
I know what you mean my will to, what I did was pull down and unscrewed the brackets that hold the roller down and screwed them lower. It gave me more fall less pooling and still covered the old holes but did help get the wrinkles out by 95%.

Old 03-28-2015, 07:55 AM   #13

We have a brand new, never used, 2015 Sanibel 3601-C that has had all 3 slides malfunction. The bedroom slide malfunction made it necessary to leave it at the dealership for repairs on the day we signed our contract. We finally were able to tow it to our storage facility, 15 miles away, on March 17. The next day, when we opened the slides, the pass.-side slide began shedding Darco material (per Rick @ Prime Time) on the carpet and across the flooring. And on the next day, the driver's-side slide malfunctioned and left a deep dent in the flooring. So, our new Sanibel is in for repairs again. We purchased it on Feb. 10th. and 46 days later, have not been able to use it for it's intended purpose. How can these slides suddenly malfunction while the rv is sitting motionless? And what happens now when we get it back and actually tow it down the road? Our peace of mind is shattered.
MA554PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 08:17 AM   #14

And, while all this has been happening, we've now paid for 3 months of (covered) storage for an rv that has sat in a repair shop all but a few days, our first bank payment was made this past week, insurance coverage began on 2/10, and we've lost deposits at the campgrounds where we had to cancel reservations. Prime Time and the dealership have been apologetic but that's not paying the costs of owning this particular rv. - There are many, many more problems with ours, a few major but most are minor, and are repairable without too much downtime, but we also share the carpet topper problem that DickiedooFlagman mentioned. Prime Time says that the dealership can fix it but the dealership tells us that it would require a trip back to the factory to replace then entire topper. (For us, as senior citizens, a bunched up carpet presents a tripping hazard.) I posted a video on YouTube of our carpet topper problem. It can be found at "2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601 VIN...701400 carpet issue".
Old 03-28-2015, 08:34 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA554PA View Post
And, while all this has been happening, we've now paid for 3 months of (covered) storage for an rv that has sat in a repair shop, our first bank payment was made this past week, insurance coverage began on 2/10, and we've lost deposits at the campgrounds where we had to cancel reservations.
You are ahead of the game if your unit is (Inside a repair shop) most units sit Outside while everyone is trying to (Fix the problem)! Good luck with your repair! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 08:57 AM   #16

Ours is being repaired ASAP only because the V.P. of General RV's corporate office in MI came down to Florida to look at it and was extremely unhappy with what he saw as multiple manufacturing problems besides the slide not functioning properly. - A bit of a backstory: The first slide was malfunctioning on Feb. 10 when we did our PDI. We were told by the service manager that it required "a little adjusting" and we were sent inside to sign our contract and financial paperwork. He was wrong. So, we found ourselves the not-so-proud owners of a new rv that was "broken". Mr. V.P. apologized profusely and assured us that his employees had collectively been briefed so that no other buyer would be sent inside to sign paperwork while there was a major issue unresolved. In our case, we'd given them our trade-in that day, so we were left without an rv to use while repairs to our new one were made
Old 03-28-2015, 09:24 AM   #17

Lets hope they can resolve your problems quickly. It sure is a pain having an RV in for repairs and not being able to use it.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 10:25 AM   #18
Mod free 5er

Quote:
You also need to check to make sure the awning material is centered on the roller. If it is off over about 1/2" it will wrinkle. Once you get it centered, pop rivet it thru the hem on each end.
Old 04-29-2015, 11:59 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastyfoot View Post
Happened to me on my '13 Sabre Tbok. My dealer and Palomino did NOTHING to resolve this except offer to take it back to factory,cut out flooring,replace, and then use molding around the entire perimeter to keep the floor from curling. Mine was a result of the slide bearing as I call it being overtorqued duringthe build and cracking the bolt holes, both in the main room and bunkhouse. So on that note, thanks for nothing Campers Inn in Kingston New Hampshire AND Palomino. Never again will I buy overpriced crap. It's all about profit. Oh, and Campers Inn couldn't even keep their side of the story straight. The owner Jeff Hirsch has a video on youtube about customer satisfaction and to contact him directly. I did...and my floor is still ruined. At least I only have 13 years of payments left.
Sorry to hear of your troubles, and even more that no one seemed eager to help you. That is terrible!! You seem knowledgeable, unfortunately and probably because of this experience, so I wanted to ask if you know by chance what the thin black plastic piece (couple of inches wide) is that runs down both sides of the slide? Ours started buckling as I brought the slide in, so I wedged it back in place (there are no screws or staples holding either in place), then I peeked under the carpet piece inside and saw the whole end of that plastic thing broken in pieces. It obviously caught on something, I don't know what yet. Was trying to figure out how to replace that piece, once I figure out where to get one from. Thank you for any advice.....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	somebody else's slide edit.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	75623  
SnugglersParadise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 12:13 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnugglersParadise View Post
Sorry to hear of your troubles, and even more that no one seemed eager to help you. That is terrible!! You seem knowledgeable, unfortunately and probably because of this experience, so I wanted to ask if you know by chance what the thin black plastic piece (couple of inches wide) is that runs down both sides of the slide? Ours started buckling as I brought the slide in, so I wedged it back in place (there are no screws or staples holding either in place), then I peeked under the carpet piece inside and saw the whole end of that plastic thing broken in pieces. It obviously caught on something, I don't know what yet. Was trying to figure out how to replace that piece, once I figure out where to get one from. Thank you for any advice.....
That is called a glide strip. It should go up the side of the slide at 90 degrees and then the 2 or 3" flat glides over a neoprene bar. Look under your carpet with the slide out. Most of the time the plastic will either rip at the 90 or the screw holding the neoprene came up and ripped it . I counter sunk the screws in mine before I had 4 16ga stainless steel made to replace the plastic. I was going through 2 a year. I have 4 brand new ones that fit a Rockwood. They might fit your Columbus with a little mod. You can cut them to fit with a box knife. They are yours if you pay for S//H. .... PM me if you want them I paid 46.00 from FR for them but they are just sitting around if you can use them they are yours.

Tags
slide, slide out