Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2013, 12:09 PM   #21
Happy Camper!
 
aprillovesjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Haven, IN
Posts: 7
Question Blown fuses for me too!!


I have a 2013 Rockwood Mini Lite and the fuse on my slide blows pretty often. I bought it from my close friend earlier this year after they used it half of last year with no problems. They NEVER took the table that is stored in it on their trips, but I do. I was thinking maybe it was too heavy but someone else that has this model said that they have grandkids that ride on it when it moves...any suggestions?? I've tried taking the table out when I move it and the fuse still blows....HELP!
__________________

__________________
April & Chris
2013 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109s
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500
Here's to happy camping!
aprillovesjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #22
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,168
Slide fuses have been replaced with auto resetting ones from Autozone.

Overloaded slides are the number one cause followed closely by sticking (ice or dirt) wall seals.
__________________

__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:09 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
VinceU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by aprillovesjr

I have a 2013 Rockwood Mini Lite and the fuse on my slide blows pretty often. I bought it from my close friend earlier this year after they used it half of last year with no problems. They NEVER took the table that is stored in it on their trips, but I do. I was thinking maybe it was too heavy but someone else that has this model said that they have grandkids that ride on it when it moves...any suggestions?? I've tried taking the table out when I move it and the fuse still blows....HELP!
You might try a dry-lube such as a litium spray, Moly lube or graphite non oil compound. Apply liberally to tracks and drive mechanism. W/O a doubt there is drag and friction in the system. Others have report good results when lubicated. No oil or grease should be used.
__________________
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:55 PM   #24
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
You might try a dry-lube such as a litium spray, Moly lube or graphite non oil compound. Apply liberally to tracks and drive mechanism. W/O a doubt there is drag and friction in the system. Others have report good results when lubicated. No oil or grease should be used.
BE CAREFUL! I was out there lubing the slides with slideout lube and ran them back and forth to spread it out while it was still wet. What I did not notice was the over spray on the bottom of the slide until I ran it back out again. There was a black streak in the carpet where the over spray rubbed off. Took 30 minutes to shampoo it up.

When I did the other side I taped an opened paper lawn sack to the bottom of the slide to keep the lube off the slide itself.
__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:52 AM   #25
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 17
First, I would like to thank everyone on this thread. I was on my second trip with my 2013 Rockwood and the slide quit working. This forum showed me right where to look for the fuse.

Now that we got the pleasantries oveer with...My fuse keeps blowing. I see VinceU suggested Dry Lube, but with my TT being new could it be its not lubed properly?
__________________
utah_utrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:57 AM   #26
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by utah_utrup View Post
First, I would like to thank everyone on this thread. I was on my second trip with my 2013 Rockwood and the slide quit working. This forum showed me right where to look for the fuse.

Now that we got the pleasantries oveer with...My fuse keeps blowing. I see VinceU suggested Dry Lube, but with my TT being new could it be its not lubed properly?
Get this.
Auto resetting circuit breaker 15 amp.
Any napa or automotive parts store have them.
I've got them for my slides as I would periodically blow the fuses.
First trip out actually.
No issues since.

Get the long spades as shown.

Turbs


Name:   2FCR3_AS01.jpeg
Views: 514
Size:  7.6 KB
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:00 AM   #27
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,168
Slide motors (at least mine) need 30 amp auto-reset fuses.

MAKE SURE your slide out is not overloaded. Unload the cabinets a little at a time and when the slide operates normally, try not to load heavier than that.

Clean your slide out seals (if they stick to the wall they can overload the motor. Lube the track and gear rack with dry lube and allow it to dry well.
Attached Images
 
__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:04 AM   #28
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Slide motors (at least mine) need 30 amp auto-reset fuses.

MAKE SURE your slide out is not overloaded. Unload the cabinets a little at a time and when the slide operates normally, try not to load heavier than that.

Clean your slide out seals (if they stick to the wall they can overload the motor. Lube the track and gear rack with dry lube and allow it to dry well.
Weird. Mine had 15 amp fuses.
Difference in slide motors ?
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:14 AM   #29
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Weird. Mine had 15 amp fuses.
Difference in slide motors ?
Must be. My Main slides (Lippert level floor) are 30 amp each and the wardrobe slide (NORCO Accuslide) is 15 amp.
__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:35 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
VinceU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,502
Whatever you chose to do, do not increase the rating of the fuse! Fuses and breakers open when overloaded. Your system seems marginal with load and added friction. The new units I've had were dry of slide lubes racks or seals, others I've read are the same. Auto devices work great, just also need to eliminate the source of OL.
__________________

__________________
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 PM.