Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2012, 01:10 PM   #1

Slide out issue

Ok our 2009 Silverback just got back from Indiana for major repairs, one of the problems was the slide out not sealing, they fixed it, however the slideout won't work. Forest River thought it might be the solonoid, they sent us a new one, we can reverse the wires on the solonoid and get the slides to either go in or out, but not both ways, we suspect it might be a fuse, however how to do we determine where they are? We think they are in the wires leading to the solonoid, but they are incased in a plastic tubes and we don't want to pull on them in case we damage the wires?? Anyone know where, and how to get to them??HELP!!!!
hihosilver09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:29 PM   #2

If you have the Schwintek system, the slide motors control unit may be under the oven drawer ( Lippert Components on the net ). I have a Crusader and thats where mine was.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:40 PM   #3

Slide out issues

Not sure what a Schwintic system is, our is a Lippert system,
Old 02-11-2012, 03:25 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hihosilver09 View Post
Forest River thought it might be the solonoid, they sent us a new one, we can reverse the wires on the solonoid and get the slides to either go in or out, but not both ways
There has to be a way to reverse the polarity to the slide motor to enable the slide to move in or out. By switching the wires at the solenoid, you are doing that manually. You have power to the solenoid and the motor, so there's nothing wrong with the fuse. I'm not sure if the reversing is at the slide switch or somewhere else...Forest River should be able to answer that question.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:51 PM   #5

Lippert Slidout issue

We found some crimped wires that had been crimped by the work they redid at the factory, thought that was it, spliced and repaired the wires and nope, now there are two sets of wires, both have fuses in the set of wires with a long plastic tube covering them, our problem is we can't figure out how to move the tubing to check the fuses?? This is so frustrating, it was gone for three months being worked on in Indiana and now we get it back and this happens. When we hook up one set of wires going one way on the solenoid we can make the slides move out, we have to reverse the other set of wires to get them to move back in...
Old 02-11-2012, 06:42 PM   #6

I am wondering if you have a switch problem? Is the switch a rocker-type? This is a guess: If it is the rocker type switch, it could be that one side constantly remains closed while the other constantly remains open (which, in my mind, would make it open or close by switching the wires).

The switches for my slides are the rocker type.
campdohbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:45 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hihosilver09 View Post
We found some crimped wires that had been crimped by the work they redid at the factory, thought that was it, spliced and repaired the wires and nope, now there are two sets of wires, both have fuses in the set of wires with a long plastic tube covering them, our problem is we can't figure out how to move the tubing to check the fuses?? This is so frustrating, it was gone for three months being worked on in Indiana and now we get it back and this happens. When we hook up one set of wires going one way on the solenoid we can make the slides move out, we have to reverse the other set of wires to get them to move back in...
all you need is a 12 volt test light and check if you have power onboth side of the fuse by putting the test probe in the wire on each end of the fuse
gene17847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:33 PM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Switch problem
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:29 PM   #9

I think the switch is the problem as well. Our rear jacks got to where they would do the same thing. You can take a meter and check the switch. It probably has a short in it.
imabmwnut is offline   Reply With Quote