Old 05-15-2014, 11:04 PM   #1

Slide out issue

Hi all, looking for some help. I have 2010 freedom express 280rls. I've had it since new. No issues until last weekend. I opened my couch/kitchen slide out now it won't come back in. No power, nothing. I searched on here and found its probably the fuse in the front frame near the battery. Problem is I cannot find it. I looked and looked. I also cannot find where to do this manually. I have the manual hand crank but no clue where to use it. The manual just says the manual crank is in the motor transmission housing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 05-16-2014, 12:24 AM   #2

Hi, the bracker on my tt is located on the right side as you face the tt just under the corner. You will have to get on your back and look up to see it. You should see some wires going to what looks like a terminal that's the braker. Some of these breakers have a small black button on them you have to push to reset it's hard to see. To crank it in you will look for a small hole in the fram acrossed from the slide. My front slide hole is in the front steps area.

Old 05-16-2014, 06:18 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippkon View Post
Hi, the bracker on my tt is located on the right side as you face the tt just under the corner. You will have to get on your back and look up to see it. You should see some wires going to what looks like a terminal that's the braker. Some of these breakers have a small black button on them you have to push to reset it's hard to see. To crank it in you will look for a small hole in the fram acrossed from the slide. My front slide hole is in the front steps area.
Here are some pictures that probably relate to above statement.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-breaker.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	52532  
Attached Images

Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2011(21) 2012(36) 2013 (17) 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32)
fonzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:49 AM   #4

Fonzie supplied good Info,but when using the manual crank on the slide be careful not to (Over Travel) on (Some) units the (Clutch,overide) is bypassed,allowing Damage to the flange trim (In or Out). Youroo!!
Old 05-17-2014, 05:45 PM   #5

Update, I still cannot find any fuse near the battery. Only fuse is for my fringe electric jack. All wires from the battery go into the trailer. I tried my switch again and I have power to bring in the slide only. My slide is now all the way in won't go out. Is it the switch. Lastly I also cannot find and where to manually crank the slide. I have the extension as pictured above but no hole in the frame anywhere. Any ideas?
Old 05-17-2014, 06:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Look for the crank in your cargo area and may be mounted on one of the walls or roof of the cargo bay areas.
Good luck
He has had the (Hand crank) since Post #(1). He cant find where to place it for slide movment! Youroo!!
Old 05-17-2014, 06:30 PM   #7

Have you looked under the rear steps for the access for the crank?
I have seem them put the access shaft there.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 06:42 PM   #8
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinx View Post
Update, I still cannot find any fuse near the battery. Only fuse is for my fringe electric jack. All wires from the battery go into the trailer. I tried my switch again and I have power to bring in the slide only. My slide is now all the way in won't go out. Is it the switch. Lastly I also cannot find and where to manually crank the slide. I have the extension as pictured above but no hole in the frame anywhere. Any ideas?
Look behind the battery box. Mine (Flagstaff 5th wheel) were hidden and I had to actually remove the battery box to find them. They were so hard to change that I immediately replaced the 30 amp single blow fuse with an auto reset kind I bought at AutoZone. Do not break off the tabs as they will not fit in the OEM sockets if you do.
Attached Images

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out