Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2018, 07:50 AM   #1

Question Slide out issue - Newbie

Hello, I just bought my first travel trailer a couple of weeks ago and took it out for the second time yesterday. When I was trying to extend my slide out I could only hear a click coming from the control panel. I took a look at the fuses on that board as well as the main circuit breaker and they all appear to be ok. The awning control is on the same panel and no luck with that either which leads me to believe its an issue with the signal not getting relayed to the devices.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated to avoid having to haul it back to service to look if it might be something easy to fix.

Thank you
Paul

2019 Forest River Cherokee 274VFK
shadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 08:07 AM   #2

First, it will help to share exactly which unit you have. Second (and the 1st thing I would check) is are you sure the battery is working correctly? The slide out and the awning both work on DC power. Just because you're plugged in, however, doesn't always mean you have correct DC power as there could be an issue with the Converter or a totally dead battery. Start there and then get back to us with more info.
emoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 09:48 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadey View Post
Hello, I just bought my first travel trailer a couple of weeks ago and took it out for the second time yesterday. When I was trying to extend my slide out I could only hear a click coming from the control panel. I took a look at the fuses on that board as well as the main circuit breaker and they all appear to be ok. The awning control is on the same panel and no luck with that either which leads me to believe its an issue with the signal not getting relayed to the devices.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated to avoid having to haul it back to service to look if it might be something easy to fix.

Thank you
Paul

I do not know if you have the same of type of slide but please read my thread:
Stuck in my Driveway with a dead living room slide motor
Solar Power & Battle Born batteries
rk06382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 06:48 PM   #4

Hello, we have our first FW - Cherokee Arctic Wolf. One bracket of one slide cover is pulling away from the slide when we open it. I'm not sure if the adhesive failed or the screws missed the mark when the bracket was installed. Any suggestions how to secure the bracket? Thanks.
stumpy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 08:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy78 View Post
Hello, we have our first FW - Cherokee Arctic Wolf. One bracket of one slide cover is pulling away from the slide when we open it. I'm not sure if the adhesive failed or the screws missed the mark when the bracket was installed. Any suggestions how to secure the bracket? Thanks.
You will get more answers starting your own thread on the Cherokee Arctic wolf forum. Also pictures would help.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 08:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadey View Post

Thank you
Paul

Check the inline resetable fuse located near the battery. Battery fully charged? Measure with voltmeter. Don't reliy on and colored lights. Battery disconnect switch on?
Old 10-13-2018, 11:56 AM   #7

well I am also having slide out issues on a 2018 gray wolf limited 19sm had a guy out yesterday to see if he could fix it seems bound up it retracted a couple weeks ago brought it home and tried to run the slide out out and no response on his advise I charged up the battery it was already at 97% but put it on a trickle charge over night at the battery I am reading13.77 at the converter I am reading13.75/13.74 depending on which hot lead I touch and the moter sinc/ control box I read13.74 . but the slide out will not move it still seems bound up and I connot get it to travel either way to get it unbound. any help would be awsome . I have relayed the voltage info to the guy that came out but have to wat till Monday to speak with him to get his diagnosis.
Russ aylsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 12:03 PM   #8

Have you checked all the fuses, both in the fuse box and inline (usually close to the battery)?
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 01:08 PM   #9

all fuses look good when I hit the slide out button it tries to go but cant if I hit it to many times it will trip my breaker in the house I have also tried to hook it up to my truck with it running and no luck with that either
Russ aylsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 06:37 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ aylsworth View Post
all fuses look good when I hit the slide out button it tries to go but cant if I hit it to many times it will trip my breaker in the house I have also tried to hook it up to my truck with it running and no luck with that either
Should not trip your breaker. The slide is 12 volt.
Your breaker if 120. May be overloading the converter but that breaker should trip. Are youpluged into a GFI circuit?
Old 10-13-2018, 07:24 PM   #11
Site Team

There is often a separate slideout fuse under the frame, near the slideout.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 10:05 PM   #12

Are u plugged into shore power. Our slides really don’t go out on the battery they truly need to be plugged in to move.
soapydonutzs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newbie, slide, slide out