Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2011, 07:58 PM   #1

Slide out issues..again!

Second time our Shamrock 21ss has had slide out issues...first trip in for repair was a fuse issue - covered under warranty. Now, exactly a year later, after returning from a nice long weekend we're having issues with the slide out closing. It's stopping periodically, clicking and shaking the entire trailer. Any ideas?
sstaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:05 PM   #2

We have had the same problesm with our Shamrock 21ss. First year frequent blown fuses that I resolved with a resettable fuse when it get all the way in or out. Now into our second year on one trip the slide wouldn't go in. In a pinch wd40 on the slide rails and it came in with some jerking. It now as you describe jerks and shakes the entire trailer. I have now used the dry slide lube hoping that would resolve the issue, but it hasn't. I'm afraid for me a service call is in order.

Did you get your issue resolved and what was the issue and were you able to resolve it yourself? Thanks.
athowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:58 PM   #3

Our Lippert slide wouldn t go out and after
checking every aspect we came to the
brackets holding it to outer metal slide frame with a pair of 3/4" nuts
each rack...These had loosened slightly
on rough roads (PA turnpike) and the rails were binding as the brackets shifted slightly. It was difficult to tighten these
and I suspect the holes are ovalled but
so far the slide works fine but we check frequently
reatheljune is offline   Reply With Quote