Old 10-23-2011, 11:37 PM   #11
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Dry Lube is "Da Bomb"!

Anything "gooey" will attract dirt and accelerate wear and noise.
You can also try Slide-Out Dry Lube Protectant - Protect All
before i hit the panic button i need help, i have a 2012 #378 georgetown, i can not seem to find a diagram of how slides work, i'm visualizing on rollers but could be so wrong, my main slide makes a awfully noise like squeaking rollers, so i need to be set straight on that, however here's the biggy, once main slide is all the way in i have notice if i go outside the coach an run my fingers under the slide theres a 1/2" gap up under there, mind you sides an top are tight against coach, when i look up under there it looks warped to me, is that gap normal or should bottom be tight to coach.... right side slide looks same way, got a bad feeling .. HELP please thank you

SEAYALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:09 AM   #12
There's a vertical "blade" seal on the underside, attached to the sill of the opening in the body. The one on the living room slide on my 325 woks OK, but the shorter one on the bedroom has rolled over along about a third of its length. When the slide is deployed, there's a gap big enough for a squirrel or similar critter to get in. I'm going to rub dry graphite onto the slide's under surface.

I also have some of the inner-wall bulb seals peeling off at the ends. I got some of the 3M weatherseal adhesive to get those stuck back down.

There should be a bulb seal on the flange of the slide which closes any gaps once the slide is all the way in. If yours works like mine, the last half-inch or so of travel on the slide tilts it in at the bottom to close that gap.

Frank and Eileen
No longer RVers or FR owners
F and E Damp is offline   Reply With Quote