Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2015, 09:59 AM   #1

Slide out manual bar came out

Hello friends. The fuse on my sofa slide blew. So I changed it and all good. However, I thought I would prepare for the one day there was a real issue. I took out the tool that cranks the rod to bring in the slide manually and the rod/bar that is under the steps was loose. I actually pulled it out ! Slide right out, unconnected to anything. It seems the rod/bar has a hole on the other end of the bar that looks like a cotter pin should go in ? Its located under the trailer and the bottom of trailer has all that black hard plastic covering it.

My question is; can I easily take off all the plastic to get to the part where this rod attached to the slide motor ?

If any one has seen or done this please let me know
2010 8280ws 5ver
Mike101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:09 AM   #2

I'm no expert, but I believe that the standard practice is to use a carpet knife or similar to cut out a portion of that plastic under the trailer sufficient so that you can see the problem and repair it. Then tape the plastic piece back in again.
bruceatlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 04:48 PM   #3

Wow. that makes sense. I was over thinking it. Sometimes good to get advice. Thanks, I will approach it that way
Mike101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manual, slide, slide out