Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2018, 10:40 AM   #1

Slide out mechanism maintenance

We are at the end of our first year, and as I get ready to store our TT, is there any maintenance to do to our slide mechanism specifically. Is there anything to lubricate, check for wear, things to tighten? TIA
sunnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 12:18 PM   #2
ArmchairQB

Maybe a little help to get you started...

I am also new here and my suggestions are from a neighbor up the street that has been going RVing for a long time and is a salesperson for rvs. If you have hydraulic drive on your slide I cannot help you. For the gear driven just use a dry lube on the gear teeth. Do not go overboard with it-it’s a “dry” lube. Too much and it will attract and hold all kinds of stuff you do not want in there. Look at the bars the “teeth” are mounted on and if you see any rust clean it off and repaint it. The seals around the slide could use treatment also. I used a foam spray by ProtectAll that you literally spray on and then wipe down on both sides of the rubber.
I just noticed that the dry lube I used is also by Protect-all. These were the neighbors suggestion but there are many different brands out there.
When you close the slid for the winter make sure it is in good contact with the exterior wall all the way around.
That’s what I have done for the slides, now time to finish the rest of it!
Steve
2 Golden Retriever mix rescues
My favorite travelling companion, my wife
Duckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 12:21 PM   #3
ArmchairQB

Should read near the middle there “seals around the SLIDE” not what spellchecker thought I meant.
2 Golden Retriever mix rescues
My favorite travelling companion, my wife
Duckster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
maintenance, slide, slide out