Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2017, 11:41 AM   #1

Slide-out Misaligned Top to Bottom

Our living room slider seems to be a bit misaligned from top to bottom. It is much snugger at the top and about an inch out at the bottom. I have run through the Schwintek resynchronization sequence and it did not make any difference. Any other suggestions?

Top:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3386.jpg
Views:	1029
Size:	264.0 KB
ID:	143719

Middle:

Name:	IMG_3387.jpg
Views:	1002
Size:	229.3 KB
ID:	143720

Bottom:

Name:	IMG_3388.jpg
Views:	1801
Size:	276.1 KB
ID:	143721
Old 07-06-2017, 02:48 PM   #2

I look forward to some comments on this topic because mine is doing the exact same thing. My slide is a Schwintek In-Wall slide.

Im thinking the cause with mine is the floor rollers under the slide are sagging. Then this allows the lower spur gear to work its way out of the worm gear track on the lower gear rack just before the bottom should pull tight.

Either one or more roller(s) have failed or the outside edge of the RV floor where the rollers are screwed to has failed allowing the slide to sit lower then it should. I say this because if my slide were to close tight on the bottom, the bottom trim on the out side of the slide will hit the amber light below the slide. Also when the slide is in as far as it will go the bottom edge of the carpet and sofa will ride on the floor a little and I don't think anything should touch the floor when it is operating correctly.

I would like to know if anyone has fixed this issue them selves or if they have had a dealer fix it. I want to know how it was done. I looks to me like the slide may have to be removed to remove or fix the floor roller(s). YEY!
MNRVN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 05:03 PM   #3

Sorry but no answers here, only joining the thread because I am having the same issue. We first noticed the noise of air when driving and then looked and could see daylight at the bottom corner. Resync didn't help. Had my husband put pressure on the corner while I closed it and it was able to close tighter. But this didn't solve it for the next time. Hoping someone has
Some suggestions!
SC 2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:01 PM   #4

We are having the same problem with our kitchen slide. Bottom seems to be dropping as it goes in. It's at the shop now. I'll post the outcome.
Full Time in the Summer, soon
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 12:22 AM   #5

I know that this has been here a little while. Push your slide out about 6" and look at the lower aluminum strip gear on the wall of the slide. I would about bet about 2" away from the slide out flange you will see the teeth are chewed up in an area about 1/2"-3/4" long. If so they don't hold the bottom of the wall in place properly any longer. This seems to happen on the longer schwintek slides.
spaach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:08 AM   #6

I too I'm having a misalighnment issue on my living room slides. The forest River/Palomino 381FL Columbus also has the metal track slides, both don't pull in as they should leaving a gap on the bottom edge of slides.
Thanks for any advice in advance.
Happy Trails to all!
Edsage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 06:30 AM   #7
NH Maple Maker

I'm having a similar problem with my Shwintek slide. Mine is closing to the side of the trailer evenly unlike the OP's but one corner of the floor is hitting and tearing the carpet. The dealer fixed the carpet and made an adjustment last fall and so far it doesn't seem to be hitting anymore but I have only used it once since I brought it home from the dealer.

2014 V Cross VIBE 822VRBS

2017 Silverado 1500 crew cab 4x4
russhd1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 04:31 PM   #8

Update! Our MOHO has been at the shop since 12/18/17. A month later, the warranty work was approved. 10 days later, still waiting for parts. Not even confident that the dealer will fully fix the problem. Email sent to FR.
Full Time in the Summer, soon
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 12:43 PM   #9

Same Issue

I just bought a new 2401W and having the same issue!

My concern is that I see light from the outside from the inside. Water damage while driving in rain is my concern.

I have reached out to Forest River and they have replied that they will have local warranty rep contact me.

I will let you know what happens.
Backwds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 03:55 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwds View Post
I just bought a new 2401W and having the same issue!

My concern is that I see light from the outside from the inside. Water damage while driving in rain is my concern.

I have reached out to Forest River and they have replied that they will have local warranty rep contact me.

I will let you know what happens.
We are having the same problem with our kitchen slide out in our 2014 FR Legacy SR300. Can anyone say how theirs resolved?
Soonerdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 03:56 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
Our living room slider seems to be a bit misaligned from top to bottom. It is much snugger at the top and about an inch out at the bottom. I have run through the Schwintek resynchronization sequence and it did not make any difference. Any other suggestions?

Top:

Attachment 143719

Middle:

Attachment 143720

Bottom:

Attachment 143721
We are having the same problem with our kitchen slide out in our 2014 FR Legacy SR300. Can anyone say how theirs resolved?

Thanks!
Gabe
Old 03-16-2019, 04:53 PM   #12

Thank god I have the old style heavy duty geared slide bars under the slide. I saw these new type slides with the wires and the aluminum side tracks and knew they were going to be trouble. I have the 2018 243 Catalina. I'am still dealing with fit and finish issues all thru out. Even the frame. My rear axle is 1.5 inches longer than the front one, and its all on the passenger side. NONE OF US!!,, should have to deal with these issues! I'am fortunate that I'am inclined enough to fix almost all of it,,,better than the dealer. Its a shame!
Lee Pedrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 05:49 PM   #13

From the Forest River “Help” videos.
Old 03-17-2019, 05:35 AM   #14
NH Maple Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by russhd1997 View Post
I'm having a similar problem with my Shwintek slide. Mine is closing to the side of the trailer evenly unlike the OP's but one corner of the floor is hitting and tearing the carpet. The dealer fixed the carpet and made an adjustment last fall and so far it doesn't seem to be hitting anymore but I have only used it once since I brought it home from the dealer.
The adjustment that the dealer made to mine worked. I did 5 camping trips last season without a problem. I make sure that the trailer is leveled and stabilized before I move the slide in or out.

2014 V Cross VIBE 822VRBS

2017 Silverado 1500 crew cab 4x4
russhd1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 08:34 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by russhd1997 View Post
The adjustment that the dealer made to mine worked. I did 5 camping trips last season without a problem. I make sure that the trailer is leveled and stabilized before I move the slide in or out.
Thanks!
Old 03-17-2019, 08:48 AM   #16

Slide outs shouldn’t be so complicated. I think it’s about time they give up on this Schwintek experiment.

I have never been a fan or participant of “beta” projects.

Bruce
Old 05-31-2019, 01:09 PM   #17

My problem is that my bedroom slide is 1 inch off. I have run the slide out in like the video said and nothing. Has anyone ever seen this before.
joel ritchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 05:53 PM   #18

I just bought a 2012 Rockwood Sig Ultra where the previous owners removed the carpet. My slide is not flush from top to bottom either and the repair place informed me that reason is due to carpet removal and quoted $1300 to replace plus whatever realignment might be needed? Does this make sense? They also blamed the dinette and sofa claiming they aren't original to rv but per brochure, they match exactly.
JodiM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide