Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2019, 06:05 PM   #1

Slide out not working

Hello,

I have a 2010 Salem with a stuck slideout. The living room slide has slowed down with each use and eventually needed to have someone pushing on it to get it to move until it finally just stopped working completely. I checked the motor and the gearbox and both seem to be just fine, I have some lubrication for the tracks but beyond that I'm not sure what else to check. Any Ideas?

Thanks!
Wiley_Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 06:46 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiley_Coyote View Post
Hello,

I have a 2010 Salem with a stuck slideout. The living room slide has slowed down with each use and eventually needed to have someone pushing on it to get it to move until it finally just stopped working completely. I checked the motor and the gearbox and both seem to be just fine, I have some lubrication for the tracks but beyond that I'm not sure what else to check. Any Ideas?

Thanks!
If it's been slowing down over time chances are it's been starting to bind up. It finally got to the point where it blew the inline fuse. Check up near the tongue on the inside of the A-Frame, right about where it is welded to the main frame. There should be a couple of inline fuses. One is for the tongue jack and the other for slide. May even have a third for power awning.

Might be best to extend slide manually and then lube the dickens out of the slide mechanism before using the electric motor or you may just have a blown fuse again. Also check to make sure you don't have a piece of seal jammed in the bottom of the frame or a stray sock, etc, that got caught under the slide and is causing it to jam.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 06:52 PM   #3

Great, I will give that a try! Thank you!
Wiley_Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 06:55 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiley_Coyote View Post
Great, I will give that a try! Thank you!
While you're in the area check to make sure the resettable circuit breaker is "reset" and the nuts are tight on the terminals. I found mine only finger tight when doing maintenance shortly after buying my TT.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out