Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #1

Question slide out not working

Hello everyone, I have a problem with my 1999 flagstaff 27ft travel trailer. The slide-out has extended fully and i cannot get it to return. I hit the switch and it is completely dead like there is no power at all getting to the motor. Is there an in line fuse somewhere that i am missing? All of the fuses and breakers inside the box look fine. Also, is there a way to manually bring the slide out back in. Thanks, this is mike and this is my first post to any forum of any kind. I appreciate any timely response as this trailer has been borrowed from my in-laws and is currently on a property a couple hours away. I would like them not to worry about this problem.
mkruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:53 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

There usually is an in-line fuse that should be close to the battery. You haven't indicated if your slide is an 'above floor' slide like a couch slide, or 'flush floor' slide like a typical dinette/couch slide. If its a couch slide, the drive will be under the couch. If it's the larger, flush floor slide, there should be a drive to the slide drive through the frame on the non slide side of the camper.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:43 PM   #3

Check your Dc control panel near your Battery, should be some resets that could be tripped out. I experienced this problem, slides would not retrack. I found the DC panel tripped.
This may not b your problem, but check and see.
Gee Whiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:24 PM   #4
Denver, CO

There should be a long rod with a socket or large allen head in the storage area. And an access point or hole along the slide face that the rod sticks into.. All you do is turn the rod and the slide will move in.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:26 PM   #5
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbonz View Post
There should be a long rod with a socket or large allen head in the storage area. And an access point or hole along the slide face that the rod sticks into.. All you do is turn the rod and the slide will move in.

Try this link to see how to do it.

http://youtu.be/o_3vc0STmfI