Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2012, 04:53 PM   #1

Question Slide out problem

We are in need of suggestions. My parents own a 2008 Flagstaff super lite with super slide. They were camping last weekend and the slide went out fine but when we were ready to slide it back in, it would not do it. It sounds as though the motor is running and the gear box isn't turning. We have contacted our local dealer and they can't get us in for a while to have it checked and we have camping reservations soon! They also tell us they are unable to order this part because another company had bought out the company that they usually get parts from. We are open to any suggestions! Please help if you can!!!!!!!!!
Jordansnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:20 PM   #2
Site Team - Lou

Do you hear a "clacking" noise when the motor is running?

While I do not have a superslide, I have had retraction problems when I over loaded the dinette. (It is my wine storage area.)

Move everything you can out of the slide as see if it will retract.
If not the gearbox might be broken.
Lippert Components, Inc Shopping Cart

Has parts.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: pdf 0065-skipping-teeth-fix.pdf (650.3 KB, 52 views)
File Type: pdf 0002-gear-pack-replacement-embedded-rack.pdf (144.8 KB, 25 views)
File Type: pdf Electric Slideout-Web.pdf (1.47 MB, 59 views)
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:26 PM   #3

any idea how to find new gear box

Appreciate your help-I think you are right about the gear box. Trying to find a new one but so far haven't had any luck-not sure where to look really. We have never had trouble like this-usually our local dealer is good about finding the parts or helping us find the parts.
Jordansnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:28 PM   #4
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordansnana View Post
Appreciate your help-I think you are right about the gear box. Trying to find a new one but so far haven't had any luck-not sure where to look really. We have never had trouble like this-usually our local dealer is good about finding the parts or helping us find the parts.
That link to Lippert Inc should have gone to their store. They sell those gear boxes and their tech support can get you the right one.

Click on the RV parts link (first one)
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:13 PM   #5
IT Guru

Send a message via AIM to jsilvius Send a message via Skype™ to jsilvius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordansnana View Post
We are in need of suggestions. My parents own a 2008 Flagstaff super lite with super slide. They were camping last weekend and the slide went out fine but when we were ready to slide it back in, it would not do it. It sounds as though the motor is running and the gear box isn't turning. We have contacted our local dealer and they can't get us in for a while to have it checked and we have camping reservations soon! They also tell us they are unable to order this part because another company had bought out the company that they usually get parts from. We are open to any suggestions! Please help if you can!!!!!!!!!
We had a similar issue, it turned out that we sheared off a bolt on the arms that go from the gear box out to the the edge of the slide. I went to Home Depot and found the correct replacement and put it in.

2006 Flagstaff 831FKSS
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L Turbo Diesel Quad Cab
1 - DH (me); 1 - DW (Tee); 1 - DS (Jarod, 12)
Nights Camping: 2010 - 15; 2011 - 7; 2012 - 9
jsilvius is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led pad