Old 02-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
Originally Posted by FarmerJim View Post
In many trailers the slide will NOT work with out a GOOD battery in the unit ! Seen this many times . I know the converter puts out 12 volts but it still won't work in MANY cases . Seen it time and again . Jim
Not enough amps.
And to further your comment.
It will most likely fry your converter sooner than later .

TURBS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:06 PM   #12
f1100turbo is absolutely right ! If you continue trying to work the slide without replacing (or charging?) the battery this will happen! You will fry your converter . Jim

FarmerJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:15 PM   #13
You could try plugging into the TV. Last summer when our converter stopped working and the batteries were down the slid would not work. Plugged 7 way plug at TV slide went in no problem.
Terry and Janet
2008 3001W Windjammer
2007 Ford F150
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #14
Great advice about the battery. I wouldn't have thought that could be the problem, but it does make sense. I'll try a different battery, the TV plug/cable, or jumper cables from the truck to the battery. I'll also see if there is a reset breaker on/around the motor. Thanks to all for the comments.
mecsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:23 PM   #15
Slide motor.

We seem to have a concensus but I rremain confused. Why is it a check probably 20 s/o motors for sale on E-bay and other sites and the general average of current draw is 15-25 amps. Most converters are 45-75 amps, gotta believe they can handle enough power for a small slide test. I've seen some people run without a battery on shore power. BTW my own electrical experience ranged from .7 volt PCB boards to 2,300VAC propulsion motors and generators. DC motors don't pull the high startup current that AC motors draw (AirCond, big A/C motors draw 5X starting current) etc. The s/o motors aren't alot larger than a heavy duty battery drill. Just wonderin.....

VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote