Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2013, 03:53 PM   #1

Slide out problems or not? Noise

In my Wildwood T25KS, the kitchen slide out is starting to make very a very loud scraping noise during the first 7 inches ouf outward movement. The slide is electric motor powered. When bringing the slide out back into the trailer, it operates as normal in that it starts in, travels for a period of movement, then tilts slightly up fopr the last foot or so of inward movement.. BUT when extending it out, the minute you depress the out button, the slide drops down and starts it outward movement. It is during this first 7 inches or outward movement that a very, very loud wood scraping noise is heard then it goes away as it continues out. I was able to determine that the front ottom of the slide out stove frame is what is scraping the vinyl floor for this first 7 inches or so. It makes plenty of noise but has yet to mark the floor. This has just started happening so something has changed but what? Is there an adjustment for this or something I should look into? I have included several photos to describe what I am talking about... to bad I can't add SOUND...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SLIDE IN.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	38441   Click image for larger version

Name:	slide out.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	38442  
STGCM(SW) USN Ret 30 yrs.
Adony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:44 AM   #2

My wildwood slide out it making more noise too. Like you states it wasn't that bad when I first got it. I've had it out on 2 trips. Getting ready for the 2nd trip is when I noticed that it seemed to be making more noise. I gave it a thorough inspection and couldn't find anything wrong.

I'll be curious to see if anyone we chimes in.
2014 Montana 356TBF
Big Bad Allis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:03 PM   #3

Further info needed

I am attempting to fully understand how the slide out works.. One question.. How do the two pieces (one each side of mechanism) shown in the picture attach to the actual slide out floor? Are they welded to a piece of metal that is bolted to the sllide floor or they attached directly? I am beginning to think that my problem isn't with the slide out itself but rather the piece of stove / counter cabinet woodwork that extends (overhangs) 10 inches out past the actual slide floor is sagging slightly due to weight, light construction materials and poor workmanship. If the bottom 1/16" of the almost invisable trim board was removed, all would work fine..
Attached Images

STGCM(SW) USN Ret 30 yrs.
Adony is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out