Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2012, 03:17 PM   #1
DML

Slide Out Pushing Wall Out

2004 Rockwood RLD8272S
Is there a fix for the dinette slide out trying to push the wall away from the trailer when it is extended?
Actually it is not just trying it’s doing a very good job of it. If I let it run all the way out until the load switch shuts it off, I can stick my hand outside between the floor and the wall in the front lower corner.
Now I shut it off when the top starts to creek and groan and leave the bottom about 2 or 3 in. from the wall and let the stupid box dangle.
Thanks Doug
DML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:09 PM   #2

Take it in to be adjusted.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DML View Post
2004 Rockwood RLD8272S
Is there a fix for the dinette slide out trying to push the wall away from the trailer when it is extended?
Actually it is not just trying it’s doing a very good job of it. If I let it run all the way out until the load switch shuts it off, I can stick my hand outside between the floor and the wall in the front lower corner.
Now I shut it off when the top starts to creek and groan and leave the bottom about 2 or 3 in. from the wall and let the stupid box dangle.
Thanks Doug
You mentioned load switch cuts off. I assume this is an electric operator. The load switch is usually a Torque switch adjustable to a certain current flow, interpreted as load. FR slides do have top to bottom adjustment so they come to the end nearly at the same time. The Torque switch is then adjusted to allow a contact but not enough to overload the wall. Agree it should be looked at by someone familar with both adjustments and load cut out settings or proper operation.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:26 PM   #4

I don't know what kind of system you have but I adjust mine at the beginning of every season. There should be a plate that has 2 bolts in it that you can loosen and adjust the tilt from top to bottom and there should also be a plate with 2 set screws in it to adjust how far out it extends before it stops.
MotocrossCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:46 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotocrossCamper
I don't know what kind of system you have but I adjust mine at the beginning of every season. There should be a plate that has 2 bolts in it that you can loosen and adjust the tilt from top to bottom and there should also be a plate with 2 set screws in it to adjust how far out it extends before it stops.
Looks like your campin in a "c". My C was elect operated slides. I think the "stop hardware you speak to are for positioning, not preventing. Dc motors like that have a auto load stop somewhere between the supply and the load. Mine was behind the sofa and very difficult to reach. From memory it was 3 X 4 white box called Controller. It contained a relay and torque switch along with other electrrontrics. Purpose was to measure current and cut power when setting reached limit. I think without it the wall would collaspe or motor failure. The op apears to have alignment and ccontrol problems.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:53 PM   #6
DML

The slide out has a single box tube for extending and retracting in the center under the slide out. When extending the slide out, as soon as it gets over center the outside drops about 4” and as it extends the top contacts the outside wall first and in doing so uses it as a pivot to push bottom up and out. I do not believe I have a problem with the switch, but with the slide out not coming out level and not contacting the wall evenly at the top and sides when extended.
DML
DML is offline   Reply With Quote