Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2017, 07:26 AM   #1

Slide out question

Hi everyone,
We have a 2015 Solaire R297RL. We had an awning installed over the couch, table slide out when we purchased it and every since then we have had an issue getting the slide out to go in. It would go a few inches and stop. My husband would have to help the motor and push it in. We took it back to dealer and they said nothing was wrong with it. I'm the one who had to point out that the awning was hanging up. They found it was installed incorrectly and replaced it. Now, sometimes it works and sometimes my husband has to help it and push it. The only time it seems to work correctly is when the slide out side is up higher up and sometimes not even then. The dealer said the motor was fine and can't find any thing wrong with it. My husband has developed a heart issue and I don't like him out there pushing on it and I'm not strong enough. I empty every thing out from the couch and the benches but half the time it still doesn't work. My question is, would slide out supports help or does any one have any other suggestions. Tired of the dealer making us feel like idiots.

Thanks
Mimi23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 07:31 AM   #2
Insert witty title here

The slide out mechanism is designed to to stop when the slide is fully extended. My guess is that the topper is providing enough resistance that the slide controller thinks it's fully extended and shuts off. Try removing the topper and see if the problem goes away.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 07:51 AM   #3

Thanks. I'll let you know what happens
Old 05-11-2017, 08:16 AM   #4

The issue is when it goes back in though. No issues going out.
Old 05-19-2017, 03:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi23 View Post
The issue is when it goes back in though. No issues going out.
If it were me, I would still remove it and see what happens. You say the issue showed up when it was installed so I would want to verify that it does indeed work fine without the topper installed.
If the slide moves fine without the topper, at least you have something to point to for the issue.
Old 05-20-2017, 04:12 PM   #6

True. Thinking it might have been a bad idea to put it on in the first place. Thanks for the reply

Tags
slide, slide out