Old 01-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
Slide out Roof repair

I have a 2008 forest river Sierra 301 BHD travel Trailer. I Purchased this used last April. The slide had damage to the Large Dinette window when i bought the unit from a private individual. I was aware of the damage to the window and knew it would need replacement since the frame was damaged. I was unaware that the slide roof was also damaged since there was some partial repair to the window and slide wall from the previous owner. I noticed a depression on the slide out roof that was collecting water and when i put a ladder up to inspect this depression i was surprised to notice that the entire 4 foot section above the window appeared to be so soft that i could put my hand thru the roof if not for the rubber roof coating. I am sure that this is the plywood roof that may have also been damaged when the window was also damaged. Must the slide come out to repair this or can this be repaired with the slide still attached to the main trailer? It appears that if the seals are removed there may be enough room to remove the entire rubber coating and complete the plywood roof repair but i am not sure. I am looking to replace the dinette window with a new one an want to do all the repairs at the same time since i will also need to get some fiberglass repair done around the window frame as well. Any help/information would be appreciated, thanks
timeout62 is offline   Reply With Quote