Old 09-23-2012, 09:27 PM   #1
Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
Slide out seal

When extending the slides, the seals do not flip as it should. Part of it flips and part of it does not.

Thinking about laying a bead of Dicor Lap sealant on the roof sections to see if that helps but don't know what to do with the verticle seals. They are very soft and flexible.

Any ideas that don't require a ladder to reach or climbing on the roof?

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:02 PM   #2
I asked my dealer the same question. He said that's not a seal, but a wiper that is meant to remove water, leaves and other debris while closing the slide out. The seal is the round rubber on the wall (both inside and outside)

He told me not to worry about the wiper flipping all the way in or out. Instead I should make sure the seals are clean and don't get damaged.

2013 Prime Time LaCrosse 322RES
2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty CC with 6.4l Diesel
"I've been coast to coast and there is noplace like where I am - right here and right now"
RoverDover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:35 PM   #3
2007 WildCat 32QBBS
I keep mine clean and coated with the spray on Slide Seal Lubricant. It seems to work fine.
*Current: 2005 Ford F350 Crew Cab Dually 6.0 diesel 4x4*
*Retired: 1987 F350 Crew Cab Dually 6.9 turbo diesel
2007 Forest River WildCat 32QBBS
05CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:37 AM   #4
I have a 2011 34RLSA purchased june 2011,
Problem: Black rubber seal on top of driver side slide out is melting. I noted this while inspecting the top of slide outs that have been out for about 3 weeks. Seeing obvious cracks and tears I gently touched this seal and my finger pushed right though. Whats up w/ this?? Rv is usually stored w/ slides in, and collectively these slides have been extended for maybe 60 days over the 18months I have owned this rig. Come on now, should this be happening. I already replaced the black water dump valve that stuck open, 3 weeks after warranty expired. ($535.00) Other than these two things the rig has been flawless. but a rubberseal should last longer than this!
LJH is offline   Reply With Quote