Old 08-08-2016, 03:24 PM   #11

Update - I called Forest River as suggested and made an appointment with the service department for this morning. By noon we were all fixed up and ready to go....great customer service! They fixed the slide and basically went over the rig making sure all else was in order.

Could not determine "why/how" it happened but they corrected it and gave me a lesson on future adjustments if necessary.

B&W Companion Slider
wdw0528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 03:32 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw0528 View Post
Update - I called Forest River as suggested and made an appointment with the service department for this morning. By noon we were all fixed up and ready to go....great customer service! They fixed the slide and basically went over the rig making sure all else was in order.

Could not determine "why/how" it happened but they corrected it and gave me a lesson on future adjustments if necessary.
What was the adjustment that they made, did you watch, this would be interesting for us?..They might not know or didn't want to say but by the adjustment they made, we probably will be able to figure it out, Thanks for getting back to the FRF...

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:58 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
What was the adjustment that they made, did you watch, this would be interesting for us?..They might not know or didn't want to say but by the adjustment they made, we probably will be able to figure it out, Thanks for getting back to the FRF...
Did not get to watch as I had to drop it off but they told me (and showed me) the bolts to loosen for each direction of adjustment.
B&W Companion Slider
wdw0528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:36 PM   #14

Do you have images of the bolts to loose or tighten?
Old 09-14-2016, 05:39 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene gil View Post
Do you have images of the bolts to loose or tighten?
If you have the LCI mechanical slide system here is the pictures and directions to correct it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf lieppert-electric-slideout.pdf (1.47 MB, 95 views)
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
Old 09-14-2016, 06:11 AM   #16

Sometimes they have to "Bring out the Sawzall!" Youroo!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	072.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	334.9 KB
ID:	120157   Click image for larger version

Name:	075.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	361.4 KB
ID:	120158   Click image for larger version

Name:	073.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	351.0 KB
ID:	120159  
Old 09-14-2016, 08:05 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Sometimes they have to "Bring out the Sawzall!" Youroo!!
Are you adding a picture window Youroo?....
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
Old 09-14-2016, 07:48 PM   #18
Chuck

Travel Lock

Sorry to hear about your problems. If you are not using a slide room lock when traveling, you should start. It makes sure it does not get jarred out of place when heading down the road. Be sure to leave the orange flag on it so you remember it's there. I store mine above the slide out when parked.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160914_174540.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	317.5 KB
ID:	120232  
Old 09-20-2016, 02:43 AM   #19

Thank you wdw0528 for posting your problem with the slide and thank you Witchdoctor for posting the lippert manual.

I have this same problem with my Forester 3011DS. It came this way from the factory and I just figured the slide was supposed to be as close as it was to the wall. However, once it pulled away the slide out trim and pulled the mirror mounts off the wall I knew I had a problem. Ever since then I've had to make sure the slide doesn't catch on the mirror.

I didn't realize the slide could be adjusted horizontally but seeing your problem and reading the manual it looks like there is a fix for the problem I've been having. Thanks to these forums!
Old 09-20-2016, 03:39 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORvideoguy View Post
Thank you wdw0528 for posting your problem with the slide and thank you Witchdoctor for posting the lippert manual.

I have this same problem with my Forester 3011DS. It came this way from the factory and I just figured the slide was supposed to be as close as it was to the wall. However, once it pulled away the slide out trim and pulled the mirror mounts off the wall I knew I had a problem. Ever since then I've had to make sure the slide doesn't catch on the mirror.

I didn't realize the slide could be adjusted horizontally but seeing your problem and reading the manual it looks like there is a fix for the problem I've been having. Thanks to these forums!
I have plenty of slide issues with one slide, because the FR genius installed my Sirius Radio antenna on my slide roof. After it ripped my roof and had a new roof put on and after having to cut my inside wall board up to the top of the slide opening I had to keep readjusting mine. It would pop my whole wall going in and out. Now I have it right so it will clear. I will caution you that make sure you adjust both sides the exact same. Seems my stealer couldn't figure that part out....Good luck..

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k

Tags
alignment, slide, slide out