Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2017, 05:22 PM   #1

Slide out switch makes front jacks extend and retract

Have 2016 Cardinal 3850 and with both main slides out and I push slide out switch to retract slide instead the front jacks move. I have to retract the front landing Jack's before slides will come in. Lippert said could be a jack getting bypassed. Anyone ever had this happen and how to test it Thank you this is hydraulic level up system
Tnvolmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:49 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnvolmam View Post
Have 2016 Cardinal 3850 and with both main slides out and I push slide out switch to retract slide instead the front jacks move. I have to retract the front landing Jack's before slides will come in. Lippert said could be a jack getting bypassed. Anyone ever had this happen and how to test it Thank you this is hydraulic level up system
No, your front landing legs work in a pair, not the same as your rams do. Has this been a problem from the start? If it is they have it wired wrong at the valves. I can't see how it could change by itself. Trace the wires from the switch to the valve, take a picture and send it to them. Lippert is pretty good but I had to send by text to them a picture of my control system. Once they got it he told me over the phone exactly what was wrong with mine on a breaker location, CS really doesn't know which system you have installed, they give blanket advice. These people make changes all the time, you have to have a wire crossed or a short to cause what you have described
Your neighbor could have the same model trailer, but a totally different set up. Hope this helps.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 07:32 PM   #3

Are the slides on a separate hydraulic loop than the jacks I have been working on another issue with the leveling system may have wires crossed the manifold has two valves on on side and on the other side how can I tell goes to slide outs?
Old 10-28-2017, 01:15 AM   #4

Close the valves, one by one, if the slide doesn't move that's the valve for it. Or send a picture by text to Lippert they might be able to tell you.

Old 10-28-2017, 01:22 AM   #5

Also, I don't know, but you need 5 valves for the level up, should look all the same, do you have a different looking valves in the manifold system? If you do they are the slides. I don't know what they look like or if they would be different then the level up.

Old 10-28-2017, 02:56 PM   #6

Sounds like a bad ground or bad switch somewhere.
Mewcasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 05:49 PM   #7

That sounds like fun trying to find that
Old 10-28-2017, 06:11 PM   #8

It sounds like when he worked on it he might have crossed the wires, as he posted, wires from a switch to the wrong valve will cause his stated problem. He first has to determine which valve controls what, then trace the wires to the switch from the valve. The big problem is no schematic, the factory needs to tell him which valve controls what. That would really make it a lot easier for him. It will be interesting to find out what he fines, and how he did it.

Old 10-28-2017, 08:35 PM   #9

Are you switching the slide off and on with a hard wired switch or a remote control? If remote have you tried the hard wired switch?
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 09:37 AM   #10

Does the same with remote and switch
Old 10-29-2017, 11:36 AM   #11

Found the valve to the main slides and closed knobs on block that let's control which slide opens. opened all the other valves and at control box I pushed button to extend left side and all jacks extended .the rep at lippert told me Friday it might be fluid could be pass a seal in jack or slide ram sounds like a ram there's two extend lines that goes to one landing jack and one of them to the extend manifold where the three valves that control Jack's and slides
Old 10-29-2017, 11:59 AM   #12

Then I guess it brings you back to the crossed wires possibility. Time to get out the multimeter and start checking circuits.
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 08:24 PM   #13

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...cture17917.jpg I found photos before this started happening and wiring is same . Does it make a difference as to which post the ground goes to on the valve solenoid?
Old 10-30-2017, 08:48 AM   #14

It very well could being it is 12v. Try and switch them to answer your question

Old 10-30-2017, 08:25 PM   #15

Got in touch with Lippert 40 minute wait but worth it turns out to be a valve stuck open on right landing jack when I pushed slide switch the fluid was going back into Jack's because of the open valve hope this helps someone else . Found one online for$89 free shipping Thanks for your help
Old 10-31-2017, 02:57 AM   #16

Quote:
Got in touch with Lippert 40 minute wait but worth it turns out to be a valve stuck open on right landing jack when I pushed slide switch the fluid was going back into Jack's because of the open valve hope this helps someone else . Found one online for$89 free shipping Thanks for your help

Sure glad you found that, I have to keep that in my memory bank, thanks for letting us know, safe travels

Old 10-31-2017, 09:42 AM   #17

Are the valve body serviceable the electrical part still working what would make valve stay in open position just wondering
Old 10-31-2017, 10:34 AM   #18

Quote:
Are the valve body serviceable the electrical part still working what would make valve stay in open position just wondering
Made In China
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 03:31 PM   #19

They may be serviceable, but it would probably cost more than to just replace it.
Rich5117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, slide, slide out, switch