Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2015, 07:28 AM   #1

Slide out trim damage - need help

Slide out damage. Help! It seems that my slide out became damaged by the sofa at the aft end of my Cedar Creek 38CK. While closing the slide out on our cross country excursion, the front surround trim around the interior of the slide separated from the slide. I am afraid to utilize this slide until I get it fixed. If I am able, is it possible to go dirtily to the factory while traveling to have it fixed? Anyone know of a contact person or number to remediate this issue. It seems that this design does not have a lot of clearance to prevent this from happening. I am taking the precautions of flipping up the cushions to limit the exposure.
CTGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 08:03 AM   #2

Sorry for your issue. Now I would check to see if the sofa has moved in your unit. I knew these are not bolted down and can bounce as you go down the road.

Now with your trim is it just off / bent or is there a broken piece? If the trim has loosened up; you can take a block of wood and a rubber mallet to put the trim back in place. If the trim is broken and cracked take pictures and send them to the Forest River Rep on the contact site for FR. They might be able to help you.

Here is the information:

Old 05-26-2015, 08:27 AM   #3

I spoke to Henry at Forest River / Cedar Creek. I must say it is a pleasure to speak to a company that is responsive to the needs of the consumer! He put me in touch with Anita at Wave Express in Goshen Indiana to help to resolve our issue on the way to our tight schedule in SD. I was informed that they can fix it in as an expedient manner possible so that we can continue our trip. For a change, I am looking forward to go to a service facility. Maybe, I can get some ideas to have additional things done, at my expense of course to make our experiences with this trailer even more enjoyable. I will keep you all informed on how I made out with photos and such.
CTGREG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out