Old 07-12-2019, 05:09 AM   #1

Slide Outs Not Working

Hello,
We have a 2017Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB. The two slide outs do not work, not a peep. Last time they functioned was April 2019. They are Swintek and Iíve gone to the box in front storage compartment behind drivers door to reset by pushing button 6 times and holding on 7th. Still no luck. In the chassis Iíve looked at all the fuses in main panel and replaced all fuses (just in case). Still nothing. Is there an in-line fuse to the slide out system? If so, where is it located? Hurricane season is in full swing here in eastern NC so I need to get these working ASAP. Any help would be much appreciated.

Racket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 05:54 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racket View Post
Hello,
We have a 2017Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB. The two slide outs do not work, not a peep. Last time they functioned was April 2019. They are Swintek and Iíve gone to the box in front storage compartment behind drivers door to reset by pushing button 6 times and holding on 7th. Still no luck. In the chassis Iíve looked at all the fuses in main panel and replaced all fuses (just in case). Still nothing. Is there an in-line fuse to the slide out system? If so, where is it located? Hurricane season is in full swing here in eastern NC so I need to get these working ASAP. Any help would be much appreciated.
Do you have a distribution center close to your coach batteries like the picture? Mine was just inside the door on the left. If so, there should be a resettable breaker. Cute little thing that had a stick like thing sticking out. Mine was the pink cube below the blue cube.Click image for larger version

Name:	20190620_101241.jpeg
Views:	107
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	209644

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 05:55 AM   #3

Picture is sideways.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 06:51 AM   #4
Canadian Member

Welcome to the forum.

Not sure about your motorhome but on most TTs and 5ers there is a resettable breaker in the pass through near the battery or underneath the trailer on the line that powers the slides. It would have a red cover.
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:17 AM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

First thing you need to do is get a multi meter and start checking wires and connections
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:15 AM   #6
Commercial Member

Racket,

We would be happy to assist you with your 2017 Leprechaun. Because your ongoing satisfaction is very important to us, we invite you to contact Ron Ross in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: http://www.coachmenrv.com/DirectServ...85196316129139.

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 09:33 AM   #7

Thank you everyone, for your comments. Will post more when I get home from work. I do have a multi meter and will check all wires. My wiring system (panel) doesn’t look like yours DaGrinch. I’ll post a pic of it this afternoon. I’ve looked around battery housing in entry steps and didn’t see a red reset button. Also looked at (what I thought) was power line to slides and didn’t see red reset button either. But will look again this afternoon. Thank you very much for the quick responses. This forum is terrific. Tons of info shared. Appreciate you all.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:47 PM   #8

I want to take a minute of everyone’s time and send a HUGE thank you to Ron Ross at Coachmen RV. Through this amazing forum, CoachmenRV reached out to me and he emailed me the answer. Now my slides are working. The in-line fuses I’ve been staring at for two months, but too scared to touch, had one that was blown. Ron, I can’t thank you enough. But, a big thank you to all who replied with advice. If it weren’t for this terrific forum, and community, I would’ve been stressing out and paying someone to come out and fix. Glad I found you guys!! Thanks again
Old 07-12-2019, 02:44 PM   #9

For the benefit of others, it would be a good idea to do a "Fuse Inventory" in your RV, be it Motorhome, TT, 5-er, etc.

List the type and current rating of every 12 volt fuse in your power distribution panel.

Start at the battery and follow all the wires that spread out to provide power to jacks, awnings, slides, etc.

Look for inline fuse holders like this:

Open the cap and note the type and amperage, including it in your "inventory".

Also pull the stereo/Dvd player out of it's mounted position and check behind it. Mine has it's own inline fuse that's really hidden.

Once you have your Inventory look for a fuse assortment that has as many as possible of the fuses you use. If any missing just buy a small pack and add it to your kit.

Somewhat of a proven fact. When you have spare fuses you rarely need one. DON'T have one and the likelihood you'll need one increases exponentially.

BTW: The fuse holders like pictured were all red in my TT.

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out