Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2012, 03:45 PM   #1

slide problem

Hello, I am new to this forum, am very thankful that i found it on my computer today. I just purchased a Lexington 283 gts with 3 slides. When i bring the dinette slide in it bucks up and down like maybe the rollers had a flat spot on them. Don,t know if it even has rollers. My question is does anyone know how to access the slide mechanism, by tearing out the dinette floor or from underneath. Thanks in advance.
john5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #2
Dallas Texas

Does it do it all the time while the slide is coming in AND out? Ot just when it gets to end of the stroke? Have you gone underneath and whatched it slide in?
Old 09-05-2012, 06:26 PM   #3

slide problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBBQ View Post
Does it do it all the time while the slide is coming in AND out? Ot just when it gets to end of the stroke? Have you gone underneath and whatched it slide in?
Thank you for your reply, It does most of its bucking when it is coming in. The slide is operated by an electric motor, the underneath is closed, looks like a 12x12 " plate with phillip screws to access motor have not removed it yet, that will be my next project
john5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:18 PM   #4
Dallas Texas

I think you're on the right track. Mkae sure there's no carpet or seals binding up during the travel. Does anyone know if the motorized units have clutches? My slides are hydr so I can't compare.