Old 07-22-2019, 11:55 AM   #1

Slide reminder

We have a 24 foot Solera with two slides. We recently have had all kinds of problems with the rear slide. Had to go to the over ride pushing the button located in the drivers side storage. First time over ride worked, then even over ride failed.

We were in trouble, went to the manual, 2 inches out,2 inches in over and over, finally got the slide in. And hit the road looking for a dealer.

Solution for all of the slide was so simple. “Always hold the slide button in for 5 seconds after extending or bringing in slide so that the slides will stay in alignment, hope this helps someone with slide problems

Connolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 12:08 PM   #2

Ok, Help me understand this. I have TT with single slide. Early on several fuses blown and found it due to over travel on the slide. If we slowly bump the last few inches (in or out) and watch close, we avoid this blown fuse. Hold it in a second or two too long... blown fuse.

Here I am seeing hold button an additional 5 seconds after fully extended or retracted?

What am I missing?

gbaldwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 12:30 PM   #3
Site Team

I believe that the OP is talking about a Schwintek slideout system.
Doesn't work like this, on other makes of slideout systems.
That's why it's important to specify which slideout system you're referring to.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 06:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connolt View Post
We have a 24 foot Solera with two slides. We recently have had all kinds of problems with the rear slide. Had to go to the over ride pushing the button located in the drivers side storage. First time over ride worked, then even over ride failed.

We were in trouble, went to the manual, 2 inches out,2 inches in over and over, finally got the slide in. And hit the road looking for a dealer.

Solution for all of the slide was so simple. “Always hold the slide button in for 5 seconds after extending or bringing in slide so that the slides will stay in alignment, hope this helps someone with slide problems
Yeah, good luck with that. We always did the same and ultimately got bitten when the slide stayed out no matter what we tried. I will say that be sure that you have a fully charged battery or are on shore power when operating these slides.
campingguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide