Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2013, 02:08 PM   #1
07 Coachman Legend 42`

Slide retracts immediately after extracting.

Greetings; I have a 2005 Georgetown XL 342. The rear slide started retracting soon after extending, and now retracts immediately after extending. Any ideas as to problem?

I'm thinking seal leak to low pressure side of piston rather than switch short, since it happened slowely twice before becoming immediate. I sure could use some imput from more experienced RV'ers!!

Thxs...Tripping

2005 Georgetown 342DS XL

1987 HD Ultra Glide Classic
TrippinOnIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:00 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippinOnIt View Post
Greetings; I have a 2005 Georgetown XL 342. The rear slide started retracting soon after extending, and now retracts immediately after extending. Any ideas as to problem?

I'm thinking seal leak to low pressure side of piston rather than switch short, since it happened slowely twice before becoming immediate. I sure could use some imput from more experienced RV'ers!!

Thxs...Tripping
The system pressure should equalize whenever you release the command buttons. Sounds like the retract circuit for that slide is self energizing, only way pump can start again for a full retract.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:05 PM   #3
07 Coachman Legend 42`

Thanks for the quick reply, Vince. So that leaves me wondering how many ways can the retract circuit self-energize? Through a short in the switch (but wouldn't that make the pump want to continue to run) or a short in the solenoid?

I guess either I pull out the meter and start testing or take it into the dealer. Hmmph...

Thanks again...Trippin

2005 Georgetown 342DS XL

1987 HD Ultra Glide Classic
TrippinOnIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:37 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippinOnIt View Post
Thanks for the quick reply, Vince. So that leaves me wondering how many ways can the retract circuit self-energize? Through a short in the switch (but wouldn't that make the pump want to continue to run) or a short in the solenoid?

I guess either I pull out the meter and start testing or take it into the dealer. Hmmph...

Thanks again...Trippin
Not sure bout your system, could be a pressure switch cuts out a circuit when slide comes to physical stop? You have the right idea, check whats energized and when. Mine has a pressure switch to make sure the pressure is up on both sides of system when idle. Not sure of setting, somewhere around 1300 psi I believe.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote