Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2010, 08:00 AM   #1

Slide room troubles.

Hello all.

We have a 2007 Rockwood Signature Ultralite, 8315SS.

When we first got it, the slide room opened and closed without issue. As time has gone on, the slide room doesn't open all the way. At first it stopped about an inch too soon. Then progressed to 2, 4, and now 6 inches of not being completely open.

The place where we purchased it also does service, so we took it in to them on Nov.3. They still have not been able to fix it. They said the motor is fine. They have contacted M-Tech (room mfg.) and have had little to no help.

Apparently, this particular slide room was only made in 2007, thus making it difficult to get tech help.? I don't know. It sounds like we're getting the run around. I'm not sure I trust these people to fix it anymore.

Anyone else have similar issues? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Z
Zhanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:36 AM   #2

First thing is lubrication. Have you even lubed the slide mechanism?
Second is a weak battery.
Third is a bad connection somewhere in the circuit.
Fourth would be a twisted slide room.
Dealer should have checked all this, but who knows, some of these people have little technical skills.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:36 AM   #3

This is one off the last problems i had with my 8314ss while at Pirateland SC this past July, Once i was in my spot the slide out would not open all the way and we lived with it for two weeks while we were there, i could not get service on because they were over loaded with calls, but in any cause once we returned home it went to the dealers and they had found that the "Travel Limit Rod" came apart all it is is two pieces of althread connected together with a coupling, the rod fell in a position that kept the slide out from openning all the way all they did was put it back together and the service department said that this is common.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:55 AM   #4
Site Team - Lou

This is why I love this forum.
Some one always has an idea to help out.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 11:59 AM   #5

Yes, all lubed up, battery is new, no loose connections that anyone can find.

However, the guy did say it felt like the rod was loose inside. I'll suggest to him to try and recouple it.

Also, through further research, it has been suggested that maybe a stronger slide motor would help.

Thanks y'all!
Zhanna is offline   Reply With Quote