Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2011, 09:20 AM   #1
Happy to Be Camping

Location: We live in Rhode Island, but our hearts are in New Hampshire
Slide stops on Sunseeker

Hi all-
This may have been addressed somewhere before, but I can't find it. I have a 2008 Sunseeker 3100DS. One side of the front dinette slide is retracting too far. I took the "skirt" off to look under the platform and can only find the "out" stops. Does anybody know where the "in" stops are, if any, or does the retraction stop rely on resistance from the outside flange seal up against the outside wall. I have looked on the track, looked up schematics of different slides and am still baffled.

Any help would be appreciated.
Rick
Shawomet3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:46 AM   #2

Just for thought: I recently purchased a used TT with a slide (couch & range). The owner told me up front that there was a problem with the slide "acting up". He stated that the front end of the slide would get ahead of the back end whether going out or coming in, then he would have to physically push the slow end back into position. I found that the bottom of the slide was covered in some type of "rubbery" cloth material, and that the rear rollers for the slide were not working. Therefore the roller had dug into this "rubbery" material and had actually dug into the wooden floor of the slide quite a bit. I removed the rear roller/level adjustment assembly, and got the roller working again. Then I had to add a piece of sheet metal (12 ga.) to where the roller had damaged the under-floor area. I added this sheet metal to both ends, securing it with screws. Now the slide extends/retracks smoothly.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:41 AM   #3
Happy to Be Camping

Location: We live in Rhode Island, but our hearts are in New Hampshire
Yeah, I thought there was some sort of "traction problem" too, but everything is clean underneath with no show of wear or debris. I'm still looking! Thanks for the suggestion.
Rick
Shawomet3 is offline   Reply With Quote