Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2014, 05:54 PM   #1

Slide uneven

My slideout on my Coachmen when fully closed sticks out 3/4" at the bottom more than the other end. The end that is out is at the front of the camper. It is the same distance out when fully extended. My question is - Can I adjust this myself using the cylinder in the picture? That seems to be the way to adjust this, and I don't want to drive back to the dealer that's 35 miles away. I haven't even gone on a trip yet.

Its fully sealed, because it rained buckets 2 days ago. It just don't look right.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	47663  
mlangdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:13 PM   #2

Are the "links" 3/4"? It sounds like you are one link off on one side and using that adjustment wouldn't be the right thing to do in that case.
markb5900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:23 PM   #3

Its only off on that bottom corner. As I measure up the slide towards the roof, it comes back in. Not sure what you mean about "links".
Old 03-13-2014, 06:56 PM   #4

Use the warranty, that's what it is for. My servicing dealer is 36 miles one direction and their knowledge is well worth the trip.

Plus it gives you a good reason to exercise the trailer on the road.

Past RVs: National Pacifica 40', Kenworth T300 Toterhome, Jayco Class C 32'. American Eagle 40',
American Eagle 40', Bounder 38' tag axle
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:08 PM   #5
Plain Old Member

That gold colored can is in fact the "stop" per say to adjust how much the slide comes in. The nut next to it just secures the can. The outer 2 nuts on the thread adjust how much the slide goes out. You also have the drive shaft that runs from the motor end rail to the slave end rail. I'm guessing the motor end is the one with the adjustment piece. Not saying it's right, but I have disconnected the drive shaft between rails, rotated one end to "even" the slide out, then reconnected. Did this on an above floor lippert system and it fixed the problem of one end being in / out more than the other.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:31 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

All the adjustments are in the Lippert manual if you want to adjust yourself, but if the dealer is only 35 miles away and it's under warranty, you best take it there. Anything you do adjustment-wise voids the warranty.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:36 PM   #7

Ours sticks out the same on the bottom. I called pt and they told me as long as it seals and no water gets in that it's nothing to worry about. I'm like you though and would prefer to have the entire side in evenly.
primetime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:54 AM   #8

Thanks for all the responses. I'll give the dealer a call today.
Old 04-12-2014, 06:11 PM   #9

We picked up our 2014 T 24 RG March 31st and noticed once we go it home that the slide did not advance all the way out. (2 - 3 inches) Back to the dealer and the invoice states as follows Remove slide mechanism brackets and had machine shop replace angle iron with thicker gage and install gussets onto adjustment plate Painted new material and reinstalled onto slide Tested and adjusted and all is good now. How does the factory justify dumping this problem on the dealer ????
Does someone not check these things before shipment. ?? This is not a cheap trailer and we were very disappointed . The Dealer was exceptionally good at the repair. Also the owners manual is very generic. no winterizing kit and we had to pay to have one installed. (Parts were $17.00 retail) The owners Manual said to put 6 gallons of RV antifreeze in the fresh water tank. (Give me a break)
Forest River Engineers need to do some work. For example now that the slide is repaired to manually crank it our you have to remove the screwed and siliconed on fender skirt on the passenger side. Can't some genius put a rubber bung on the skirt to reach the manual slide mechanizim.?? thru the skirt ..??i

Phillip Smith
Brandon 2
brandon 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:50 PM   #10
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon 2 View Post
...For example now that the slide is repaired to manually crank it our you have to remove the screwed and siliconed on fender skirt on the passenger side. Can't some genius put a rubber bung on the skirt to reach the manual slide mechanizim.?? Phillip Smith
My 08 Flagstaff 831RLSS had the same problem with the manual slide out mechanism. I just used a 3/4" hole saw and drilled a hole in the fender and found a rubber plug for it. Was still in it 4 yrs later when we traded, never was removed. You do have to measure very accurately before drilling.

Tags
slide