Old 07-16-2018, 01:54 PM   #1

Slide wall damaged

Hey all
2008 Roo 23RS.

I just bought this camper cheap. Great shape and clean. Except... the queen bed rear slide wall has structural damage. When the slide moves out it rubs on the bottom seal pulling on the wall, seems to be sagging. At the full extension it raises back up level as it pushes on the back wall. All 4 corners are ripped to the edge and the upper wall is pulled out a couple inches by the slide. Not the best but I did get the camper cheap so Im ok with a major repair.

Has anyone had this repair done before? Can I do this myself? What do you think was the original problem?

Thx Kyle

Kyled1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 02:06 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. If you are handy and have tools sure you can do it yourself many have. I would start by removing the slide and fixing the walls first and ensuring the rollers are in place (if it has them) then I would repair the slide box and install all new gaskets. there are some youtube video's that cover slide removal and repair worth watching even if it not your exact rig.

2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 02:17 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyled1963 View Post
Hey all
2008 Roo 23RS.

I just bought this camper cheap. Great shape and clean. Except... the queen bed rear slide wall has structural damage. When the slide moves out it rubs on the bottom seal pulling on the wall, seems to be sagging. At the full extension it raises back up level as it pushes on the back wall. All 4 corners are ripped to the edge and the upper wall is pulled out a couple inches by the slide. Not the best but I did get the camper cheap so Im ok with a major repair.

Has anyone had this repair done before? Can I do this myself? What do you think was the original problem?

Thx Kyle
The rear hard bed slide Roo/Shamrock trailers had some issues.
Not many from the various forums I've read.
But it seems that the issues were enough that FR stopped making them. In fact, nearly every RV manufacturer that did make them, stopped making them, except Outback.

There was one member whose bed slide fell out and FR fixed it for a price, even though it was out of warranty since she was the original owner.
You might find it by doing a search.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide