Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2015, 01:19 PM   #1

Slide wear

We have a 2013 Wildcat 312BHX. Only used it for one year and noticed under the slide severe wear. It appears a wheel (that is toward the front of the unit) is eating at the black material. Is there something to adjust before it wears to the floor? I've thought about putting very thin metal so it will take the abuse instead of the floor.
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	213.8 KB
ID:	73547

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	347.8 KB
ID:	73548

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	344.3 KB
ID:	73549
mmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 01:29 PM   #2

sorry to see this, I saw some funny were on our slide as well. ours I on the very end and not sure what to do myself
R&J Silverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 10:23 AM   #3

We have the same problem on a 2012 360. It's at the end of the couch by the drivers seat. When bringing in the slide small pieces of wood chips show on the carpet. The underside of the slide shows the same damage.
elfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 11:23 AM   #4

If you contact Lippert Components or Forest River, each company will blame the other and nothing will come of it because you are 'Out of Warranty"..... even in 'warranty' most 'adjustments' made will not help the issue. The slide wheels under the slide have too much weight on them and dragging off the weather covering. Which in and of its' self the weather covering is of poor quality. A lot of moisture will now get into the bottom of the slide, soaked up into the pressed wood and swell and cause more problems in bring the slide in and out. As told to me by Lippert Components and Forest River... it is the other companies creation and you, as the buyer are just S..O...L...

Find a good Dealer that can adjust it to get some of the weight off of the bottom of the slide to reduce the drag. Put slick strips/slide strips under the slide where the floor rollers run and pray that you can keep the rotting to a minimum.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 01:50 PM   #5

I have the same on my sp220. But haven't broken through the black covering yet. Thinking of just screwing a thin piece of sheet metal for the rollers to roll on. There doesn't seem to be any way to adjust the slide.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
wickedwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide