Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2010, 06:51 PM   #1

slideout adjustments

Can anyone help me with proper way to adjust the rear bedroom slide on an 831bhss 08 model. The slide appears to have settled the stripes don't line up when slide is closed and the woodwork on front of the bed drags hard on the carpet when slide is taken out pulling woodwork loose from anchor screws.
PEANUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:22 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEANUT View Post
Can anyone help me with proper way to adjust the rear bedroom slide on an 831bhss 08 model. The slide appears to have settled the stripes don't line up when slide is closed and the woodwork on front of the bed drags hard on the carpet when slide is taken out pulling woodwork loose from anchor screws.
I had the same thing wrong with my slde out, I called the dealer and ask him if it would be wise for me to attempt this task myself and he said no now I trust the service department because I have known them for some time. One other thing you might want to look at is the bottom of the slide out when it is open, you may see a score line on the bottom, this is from the head of a screw tearing the black under cover to the slide out.
Now it's my understanding this is nothing to fool with it needs to be fix ASAP, at this time it is not a good idea to operate the slide on a regular bases you can cause more damage and even jam the slide out in the open or closed position. I posted a pic of mind when it happen to me, if I can find it I will repost the pic. Good luck.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:56 PM   #3

Ok I found the pic

Pic taken from two different angles, you can see the score line in to different lights.
Attached Images

Old 09-22-2010, 08:08 PM   #4

Slideout pics

Thanks rockwood06 for the pics, i will try to contact my dealer not having alot of luck from him been trying to get the power awning adjustable arm since first of june even took him info no luck maybe he will be better on this thanks for all of your help.
PEANUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:12 PM   #5

You are more then welcome
Old 09-22-2010, 09:25 PM   #6

Rockwood, on mine something was tearing my plastic wrap just like your was except mine was only in a 8 inch area only. My tears dont extend the entire lenght of the bottom of the slide and its not in a line like yours was. Its just has some small rips/tears only. So I was thinking about having the dealer raise the slide just a hair.

Bill
2020 GMC Duramax-3500HD 4x4 CrewCab
B&W Companion 25K Fifth Wheel Hitch
2010 Wildcat 28RKBS (West Coast Model)
56 Gallon Titan Tank
bsmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:03 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by small View Post
Rockwood, on mine something was tearing my plastic wrap just like your was except mine was only in a 8 inch area only. My tears dont extend the entire length of the bottom of the slide and its not in a line like yours was. Its just has some small rips/tears only. So I was thinking about having the dealer raise the slide just a hair.
The slide out position may be ok, I have found as my camper gets older and with the traveling I see screws backing out of the unit in different places. Under your slide out on the main frame along the edge there are screws and there is a change that you may have some starting to back out.
The tearing in spots "hit or Miss" no straight line may be happening because the screws are out just enough to where they are hitting the bowed spots on the material such as the wrap and or the material the wrape is on.
If you raise the slide out then you could case problems with the floor where it drops down to meet the main floor to the camper when the slide out is open. I would have it check.
With mine because of the slide out issues i have a crack in the wall of the slide out at the bottom near the floor which i have posted a while ago.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:59 AM   #8

Rockwood, the only thing I could add about my slide is if you're inside the trailer facing the slide its the left side thats dragging. The carpet on the floor is beginning to black marks near the edge of carpet when the slide is open. So I get the impression that the bottom of the slide is dragging a little marking the carpet. The right side of the slide doesn't leave any marks on the carpet...

Bill
2020 GMC Duramax-3500HD 4x4 CrewCab
B&W Companion 25K Fifth Wheel Hitch
2010 Wildcat 28RKBS (West Coast Model)
56 Gallon Titan Tank
bsmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmall View Post
Rockwood, the only thing I could add about my slide is if you're inside the trailer facing the slide its the left side thats dragging. The carpet on the floor is beginning to black marks near the edge of carpet when the slide is open. So I get the impression that the bottom of the slide is dragging a little marking the carpet. The right side of the slide doesn't leave any marks on the carpet...
That is how mine started, but as a little time went on my slide out not only drop down on the left side as yours did but the hole slide out shifted to the rear and the rubber seal was pinched between the slide out and the fix wall.