Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2015, 09:02 PM   #1

slideout and landing gear not retract but do extend

my battery fully charged. relay makes click when try to retract slides and or landing gear. still some travel left on landing gear so I know the pump works to extend landing gear and slide will try to go out more and pump strains when hit switch to extend slides. I see 2 relays for the pump. one is for retract and one is for extend.....right? they are on a plastic bar with a brass plate. one for one direction and one for the other direction , right? I can hear the relay click everytime I push the button. please help, we were suppose to leave in the morning. Im thinking its the relay. thanks for any help.
quick83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:19 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick83 View Post
my battery fully charged. relay makes click when try to retract slides and or landing gear. still some travel left on landing gear so I know the pump works to extend landing gear and slide will try to go out more and pump strains when hit switch to extend slides. I see 2 relays for the pump. one is for retract and one is for extend.....right? they are on a plastic bar with a brass plate. one for one direction and one for the other direction , right? I can hear the relay click everytime I push the button. please help, we were suppose to leave in the morning. Im thinking its the relay. thanks for any help.

Relay click only means the coil gets power, not that the contact picks up or hyd valve opens. Need to check the output of the relay.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:33 PM   #3

does that mean if relay output is ok is it other prob? like sylinoid? im not really that smart or that good at this and I do have an ext warentee, but would like to fix it myself. could it be the syliniod? I guess u said to see output on relay to see if its the culprit. but if it was ok what is next? the sylinoid? not sure what it looks like. I think I see only one on the side of pump with a 2 wire plug on it(yellow). Im not good with a meter but have one and can try to check output on relay.
Old 06-24-2015, 01:58 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick83 View Post
does that mean if relay output is ok is it other prob? like sylinoid? im not really that smart or that good at this and I do have an ext warentee, but would like to fix it myself. could it be the syliniod? I guess u said to see output on relay to see if its the culprit. but if it was ok what is next? the sylinoid? not sure what it looks like. I think I see only one on the side of pump with a 2 wire plug on it(yellow). Im not good with a meter but have one and can try to check output on relay.
Use if hydraulic with electric relay control: relay operates a solenoid, nothing but a magnetic coil. It will move it's armature or center rod. That's attached to a hyd valve stem acts like a faucet. Oil allowed to piston and room can move. Hope it makes sense. This allows electric to control hydraulic units.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 06:09 PM   #5

Unbelievable. The wire had come off the syliniod!!!!! I was ready to reverse the wires to close it. Oh well good learning experience!!

Tags
slide, slide out