Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2016, 12:48 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ida Ratherbe Camping View Post
Dealer got your money, now get in line with the rest of us. You will find that doing and fixing it yourself is a lot more satisfying and better quality than you will get from dealer or factory.
My experience, your results may vary. Congrats on new unit.
I am very capable, but having documentation (electrical diagrams) is critical to easier problem solving. Aside from getting parts under warranty (should that ever be necessary), I plan on doing everything myself.
__________________

__________________
'17 270S
270S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 06:11 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 542
Great attitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ida Ratherbe Camping View Post
Dealer got your money, now get in line with the rest of us. You will find that doing and fixing it yourself is a lot more satisfying and better quality than you will get from dealer or factory.
My experience, your results may vary. Congrats on new unit.
And this folks, is why the manufacturers keep pushing poorly designed, engineered and assembled motorhomes and travel trailers - the expectation that consumers will just put up with it and fix it themselves.

There is nothing satisfying about spending a boatload of your hard earned money on a POS that breaks down as you travel and you cannot get a dealer to fix it (especially under warranty) - because "you did not buy it from them". I bought a Toad partly because I will probably need it to go get parts for the MH while traveling.

I'd rather be camping too, but there is so much to fix on my MH, I spend way too much time fixing it - which leaves a lot less time to enjoy it. It's too bad - the traveling is fun, but the constant worry of "what's going to break now" takes much of the fun away.
__________________

__________________
KatanaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 06:23 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Mainframe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 431
These work nice, make sure it is the long blade one, parts stores usually stock them. It's a curcuit breaker so you don't have to keep crawling around under the rig to change fuses, just wait a little bit and it resets.
Attached Images
 
__________________
2016 Shamrock 23WS
Mainframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 07:02 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainframe View Post
These work nice, make sure it is the long blade one, parts stores usually stock them. It's a curcuit breaker so you don't have to keep crawling around under the rig to change fuses, just wait a little bit and it resets.
Is there a "NAPA" part # for this item? Auto part stores look at you like you have 2 Heads when asking for this part! Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 10:24 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
raspivey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Brazoria County, Texas
Posts: 1,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Auto part stores look at you like you have 2 Heads when asking for this part! Youroo!!
That doesn't take much...had to find an exhaust flange gasket for an aftermarket exhaust system. Couldn't fathom that what was in their book for that year and model wouldn't work.
__________________

__________________
2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ - HD tow package
2017 Rockwood 2703WS Emerald Edition
raspivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
slide, slide out

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:26 PM.